Bettie Page: Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettie Page: Dead

Bettie Page, the brunet pinup queen with a shoulder-length pageboy hairdo and kitschy bangs whose saucy photos helped usher in the sexual revolution of the 1960s, has died.

Re: Bettie Page: Dead

I came across an article about her in the eighties which put a name on that face I did some gawking at as a kid...at that time there was the resurgence in interest over her. Interesting person, she had a long life (and staying power beyond what she imagined). Of course we still see Bettie Page bangs everywhere at the rat rod shows.

Comment

Yup a real icon from the past......sadly missed

Comment

RIP Bettie Page

RickSSR 8)

Comment

Man. I just read the LA Times article. Never new who she was before, but after reading that article it's hard to ignore her influence on pop culture. She lead a really tortured life. It started off bad and seemed to get worse and worse for her as the years went on. I actually got sadder and sadder as I read.
          Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Yep, a sad read. As you guys have already said a pop culture icon that most of us never knew anything about.

Comment

So much for sexual freedom bringing happiness and fulfillment...

I'm anything but a prude, but there has to be little discretion. Poor lady.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Definitely a sad read. What a tormenting and totrured life. Hopefully she'll find peace on the other side..... She was a real hottie in her day.

R.I.P. Bettie

Rudy

Comment

May the angles lead her in. Rest in peace.
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Nice to see pictures of a hot lady without silicone boobies!

RIP Bettie.

Comment

I remember Her from years ago.GRHS

Comment

What a classic hottie, the fake-titted ones today can only dream of her natural beauty.

RIP Bettie Page

Comment

She was certainly an icon. May she rest in peace.

I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

It's funny - I can't possibly think of her as an old lady. Of course, I can't think of me as an old man, and I are one. Reminds me of the Rod Stewart song - "Forever Young" (I don't think he did it first, but his version comes to mind). In any case, may she rest peacefully forever.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X