Was I Wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Was I Wrong??

When I was in the Marines, not everyone had a vehicle, so people would often ask to borrow my truck. I told them they could if it came back with a full tank... since I usually kept it near empty, I didn't end up loaning it out very often.

fast forward

I bought my open car trailer about 9 years ago. It has a solid steel deck, and has come in very handy for not just taking my Chevelle to the track, but picking up broken down vehicles of friends and family... and also great for when somebody moves or I need to take a huge load of stuff to the dump, et al ... but I digress:

One of my best friends (the guy who is my business partner) has borrowed it several times. Once, when he went to pick up his brother and his broken down truck, the trailer got a flat tire. He had a new tire on it before he returned it to me.

My (older) brother, on the other hand, doesn't have a truck to pull the trailer with, so he gets me to use my truck AND my trailer to deliver his broken down vehicle to a shop... The trailer gets a flat in the process... not even the slightest indication that he felt any guilt or need to pay for a new one.

If a friend or acquantence screws you over, you learn fron that and move on, leaving them behind. If a family member does it to you... well, it's easier to just let it slide if it's not a really big deal.

Comment

Re: Was I Wrong??

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
      Locking the garage door is kind of hard, it has a automatic opener, and I have a switch hidden so I don't have to always carry the remote. I guess I could disconnect he switch.

And I'll be honest, this is all kind of stemming from about a month ago when he bought a car and the timing belt took a crap. Since he moved out of his girlfriends place he put all his stuff in storage, so I told him he could use my tools, which was all fine and dandy, until I asked him if he put everything back. And his response was better than you had them, so a few days later I go to get into my box and my sockets are laying every which way, and I look at my wrench drawer and the wrenches are all greasy, and not even put back in the right order. And I'm like going to myself, this isn't better than I had them. And then I had just bought a brand new aluminum floor jack, and he used that instead of my other floor jack, and on top of it got the thing all oiled and greased up, took a big chunk out of the rubber pad, and then just gave it back to me looking like that. But being the mellow natured guy that I am, I didn't say anything about the tools, but did see him later that day, and when he asked me what I was doing, I said, "waiting for you to clean my jack". And he even tried to play like it was just a jack and it was going to get that way anyways. And my response was, it's brand new. So he cleaned it.

And the funny thing is he's the type of guy that would have a cow, I mean go totally ballistic, if I did this stuff to him. So I'm not really feeling to bad in calling him on it.
      Tubbed,

This guy is taking advantage of your kindness and good will. If you have had enough of this and don't mind losing him as a friend, tell him matter of factly to come and pick up his car. Don't get into a p***ing contest with him about who said or did what.

He will continue to treat you this until you put a stop to it. It sounds like his girlfriend already has.

Comment

Working...
      X