Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Seattle! Move your car, sir...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Seattle! Move your car, sir...

Just learned about one of those lo-pro laws you don't hear about...Seattle will impound your car after being parked for four days on the street, no matter if it's in front of your house. The local news channel did a feature on a 91-y/o guy who barely drove his '92 Explorer. The news group paid for the impound and to fix the damaged starter.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Welcome to Seattle! Move your car, sir...

Big deal...happens here after 72 hours.

Comment

Having lived on 4 acres for the past 15 years and an acre the previous 5 years....I can't remember what it's like to park on the street.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
        Having lived on 4 acres for the past 15 years and an acre the previous 5 years....I can't remember what it's like to park on the street.

ditto, except 5 acres.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I like being able to Park anywhere I like. To meny people trying to control everything we do. (Screw Them all).

Comment

Some cities are worse than others. Back when I still lived in my apartment in Newport Beach Ca. I could leave both of my Montegos on the street for up to two weeks without moving them and our local meter "maid" wouldn't hassle me a bit.....she was HOT too! ;D
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Hell, I cant park on my own yard. If it is not an area that is "designated for parking by gravel, concrete, or asphalt" the city will give you a $25 ticket. wtf??? ???
              Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

You can't paint stripes on the lawn and put up a big P sign?
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
                  Hell, I cant park on my own yard. If it is not an area that is "designated for parking by gravel, concrete, or asphalt" the city will give you a $25 ticket. wtf??? ???
                  That is BS....Unreal. I would gravel the whole yard and fill it with "project cars"

Total Crap.

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

cant park in my yard either, and my town is TINY. you would think the a-hole had better things to do then look at the cars on my property, that I pay taxes on...

go bust a meth lab, my suburban isnt hurting any one jack ass.
                    Charles

Comment

Hell..... I have two cars parked in my yard right now I don't have a street to park in though.

Comment

Where I used to live I was asked to move my C-10 because it didn't have tags on it. It was in my driveway, and it wasn't in horrible condition. Actually, a guy up the street had an old Porsche that was undriveable (even the tires were flat) but they didn't bother him because he had current tags.

Comment

I don't have any problems parking cars. 8 acres that is 1/2 mile from the two lane highway in a rural area. You guys can send your cars to me for safe keeping. :P I think I can fit all DF's cars, a few boats and still have room to spare. ;D

Comment

I think they may go back to the Dulcich farm. The rats really miss them.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

wow, nice spread!!

dang, I want a sat image of my place, but google hasnt made it that far out in the sticks...
                              Charles

Comment

Working...
                              X