• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brian?how's the ice storm??

???

al
    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Re: brian?how's the ice storm??

Does this mean we're having ice races on your street? After watching some ice racing recently, I want spikes on the minibike. BAD
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

It was some bad crap about 60 miles west of me. Luckily guys like me and caveman (he lives south of me) were close enough to the coast that we just got about 4 inches of rain.

I had to go out where the "action" was for work this morning. As some of you know I have a job with a large company in the turf/tree care industry. We have customers out in that part of the state and I had to assess the damage to some landscapes out there. Trees destroyed by the thousands. One customer had some nice 30-40 foot tall Birch trees whose tops were bent low enough to be touching the ground. Not to mention the scads of limbs that just snapped off due to the weight of the ice and the wind.

It's BAD. There's like 100k people with no power and it's cold enough to freeze pipes and stuff. Obviously the people are more important than the trees, but when mother nature wants to bring the noise...get the F outta the way.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

yeah, i was watching KOMO 4 when i saw....what a MESS.... >

alan
        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Yikes....And I thought my Blizzard sucked.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

A year ago this time I was without electric for 4 days as the result of a bad ice storm. That sucked. I hooked up a generator and back-fed power into the house; that went very badly. We used a kerosene heater; that was warm, but it stank badly. Some friends a couple miles away ahd electric, so we went there to shower. We mad canned food on top of said kero heater. I feel for the people up there with no juice tonight.

Still better living conditions than what you get in a lot of countries.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

BRRRRrrrrrrr.......sounds damn cold to me. I wore me flip-flops and a T-shirt today, just another shitty day in paradise.

Comment

Working...
              X