Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite engine combo to look at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite engine combo to look at?

When someone pops the hood of a vehicle (or tilts the frontend), what combo do you just love to see sitting there?
    What look do you like it to have?

Polished everything? Painted everything? Bare metal? Tubing everywhere? Simplified? Purposed? Mean? Shiny? Monochromatic? Big block? Flathead? Blower? Injection? What?

Post a pic of your favorite engine and win a..... you guessed it....... Orange Julius!
    Redeemable on your next visit to Bakersfield.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Re: What is your favorite engine combo to look at?

Here is one of my favorites. It is clean, simple, free from distractions and just bare bones bad!
    Notice the bar aluminum and even the hose and lines match in a non eye catching black.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
      When someone pops the hood of a vehicle (or tilts the frontend), what combo do you just love to see sitting there?
      What look do you like it to have?

In a word: Clean. This ties into the other thread about what you like to look at, but not own... I don't have the will power or the desire to keep my junk as clean as I like to "see it".

Comment

Depends on the car.

In a Hotrod I like to see periodcorrect power-upgrades and possibly on an engine that's an upgrade over the original one.
        On a streetmachine or performance car I like to see serious, businesslike engine-detailing such as bare metal / bigblock / detailed. 'Show' should follow 'function', but still look good.

In a racecar, which performs as well as it looks, I like it when the engine still looks pretty much like a stocker.

In custom cars I want to be surprised by what's under the hood. I don't like to see covered up engines, nor like to see just another tasteless 350 in there.

But I pretty much like to see a roots-type supercharger in everything ;)

So,
        Polished everything - Painted everything - Bare metal - Tubing everywhere - Simplified - Purposed - Mean - Shiny - Monochromatic - Big block - Flathead - Blower - Injection -
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

thats a NICE package..great execution.. 8) 8) 8)

i like it all...what i like(FAVE) is a BBC with clean fogger plumbing...and a 1050

execution and attention to detail...doesn't have to be big bux...

what i hate to see is hardware store plumbing :D

al
          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Gurney-Weslake V-12

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Comment

Love them all!
                From the stock look

to wild and even some without hoods.

Comment

I'll stop to look at multi carbs almost every single time, whether they're on a Hemi or an A 4-banger.

I also like early stuff, and engines you don't see under every hood: FE Ford (406 or 427 with multi carbs...bonus points for the big cast-iron factory manifolds), 409, any of the early hemis, Nailhead. Buick 8 with twin carbs...Fabulous Hudson Hornet Twin H...
                  Ford flattys do nothing for me though.

-Brad

Comment

Small block chevy, no chrome, ati procharger and all kinds of aluminum stuff. Engine bay should be semi flat black.

Comment

That's a nice Z-1

I like clean, but I don't hide anything.

You'll see wires, and tubing.

Comment

I like lots of early stuff, mostly carb'd stuff. Like mentioned above, dual quads will garner my attention. Modern EFI isn't my thing, unless it's really whacko. Won't really take a second look at a SBC, either, unless it is really, really different.

I really like out-of-the-ordinary. Cross-breed swaps are cool with me if they're done right, and if they serve a purpose. Say, for instance, I could live with a small-block Ford in an Olds 442 if it was worth the trouble, i.e. it performed really, really well, made lots of power, ran the numbers, was a budget swap, etc.

What draws me in is ingenuity. Creativity. Being different.

Comment

See the violation thread....anyways....

The minimalist look doesn't do anything for me, nor does the everything chrome and shiny look. I dig firewalls painted like the rest of the car, inner fenders like the rest of the body on unibodys, or satin black if that's how the factory did it. About the only color paint I don't like on cast iron parts is "cast iron" or silver.

A few hoses and wires are fine, which means that carbs are the way to go!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

1st choice:

Small block Mopar, 3X2 induction, with a chromed aircleaner top polished cast aluminum valve covers, ceramic coated tti headers. hoses & wiring left alone except for maybe a bit of convolute tububing cleaing up the wiring......

2nd Choice:

;D

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
                              Here is one of my favorites. It is clean, simple, free from distractions and just bare bones bad!
                              Notice the bar aluminum and even the hose and lines match in a non eye catching black.
                              You hit it out of the park on the first reply post. That's exactly how I like 'em too. I want to see the different metal textures, I want it clean, minimum of wiring and hosing. Hardlines if possible, brushed not polished. No bling, little to no chrome. Tidy and clean. Functional.

All the billet and chrome stuff makes me think "you don't drive that, do you"

Comment

Working...
                              X