Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite engine combo to look at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite engine combo to look at?

And on the other end of the cool scale, how about a McCulloch Supercharger equipped 1952 Packard 327 straight-8?

From this thread on the HAMB: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=113651

Chris 8)

Comment

That is some good stuff. Looks like you have been hanging out on the Pro-Touring.com boards. Some of that stuff yields some really great ideas for making systems look very clean. I draw the line on my own stuff where making it look simple makes it hard to work on. Covers and routing things in unreachable places doesn't work for my own stuff, but is cool to look at.

One of my automotive goals is to have a car long enought that the engine will age and look like that Packard motor. Was probably very detailed at one point, but has developed a natural used look. I dig it.
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
        That is some good stuff. Looks like you have been hanging out on the Pro-Touring.com boards. Some of that stuff yields some really great ideas for making systems look very clean. I draw the line on my own stuff where making it look simple makes it hard to work on. Covers and routing things in unreachable places doesn't work for my own stuff, but is cool to look at.

One of my automotive goals is to have a car long enought that the engine will age and look like that Packard motor. Was probably very detailed at one point, but has developed a natural used look. I dig it.

Yea I lurk on PT.com and G-net (and others)... The SEMA pics I took this year (1st time going) the Packard I just came across a week or so ago on the HAMB. THATS a site that has alot of talent on it. Its just hard to keep up over there cause it moves so fast.

I personally have been working to get myself to spend a little more time on my smaller detail items and up my visual quality.

BTW I dig your sig line

Chris 8)

Comment

I dig ALL of it.....except for the parts-store stick-on stuff.

We all know what that means,and what it is.

I'm liking the look in the first example, kinda what I'm shooting for with my Camaro....but with my own twist on it.

Stay tuned............

Comment

I'm a sucker for a roots style blower with a big bird catcher on it.

Comment

So many engines.............

So little time.

There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Wish I had pics -
                The first street rod I ever got to get close to belonged to Marshall Sanders III - he was the older brother of one of my HS pals. It was powered by a 392 Hemi - red, chrome valve covers, fabbed chromed lakes-style headers, sitting in '29 2door sedan. Mediterranean Blue (1960 Chrysler color), hood top, no sides. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw - and I guess it still is.

Dan

Comment

Almost any engine with a 8-71 and two side mounted Holleys sitting under a BDS scoop.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

this one is pretty cool.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I love small block Chevys, always have, always will, shine is fine as long as you keep it that way!

Comment

A very good question, I have been thinking about this for a few hours!
                        I think my favorite engine to look at is the old front engine v-12 Ferrari?s. The Italians seem to make things look better than everyone else, and they do it while still maintaining the ?form-follows-function? rule.
                        To me there is no better sound than an American V8, but the engineering and style done by the Italians is amazing regardless of engine configuration.

Comment

those carter wcfb's are looking good

Comment

I like this motor because I bench raced it for almost 7 years before getting in a car and driving it.... and it exceeds expectations.

I like this motor because it's so unexpected. 500 cube caddy

And I like the F-bomb motor because it truly represents all that is good in motors.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Mine?

Anything I've built that still has the rods in it!

I'm pretty much a SBC weenie, but with dad in law's 440 we did over the winter and a pontiac motor here or there with dad and my firebreathing VW road racers in college I can't say I have a clear favorite.

Stone....one of the few things I brag about in life is the fact that I drove the F-bomb. It's better than you can imagine. Trust me on that!

Here's the Nova-mota

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X