X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trans Am series roars again in 09

Closer to real cars in my taste.

Re: The Trans Am series roars again in 09

unfortunately not, its a bunch of GT-1 guys that have rented the name from the SCCA. Tube framed V8 GT-1 cars.

I was hoping that name would be revived with unibody BIW Mustang, Challenger and Camaro tubs. Cars that were close to the prep and style of the early years of the series.

I give it a year, two years max. Let the guys that rented the name have their fun then it will die.

Comment

Okay.I was thinking about this cars versus the nascar.The original trans am rules would have been the better deal for me.Not so far from the showroom stockers.

Comment

Yep, I'm right there with you. I think this has more to do with giving some GT-1 nut swingers, that were too late to the game, the ability to say they raced Trans-Am. What the hell, they rented the name, let 'em do it. Is it Trans-Am, no.

The real descendant of the original Trans-Am gene pool is probably World Challenge. SCCA couldn't call it Trans-Am when they started the series cause they had rented the name to some one else.

Comment

Did anyone else get the new Hot Rod with the four '10 Camaros in it? The SCCA (I think) Penske inspired car is bad ass, as is the Dale Jr, the Camaro black and the LS7. I sure hope GM pulls out of it's tailspin, 'cause it would be a shame for the Camaro to be stillborn, it's really growing on me.
          Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Got to agree with you Lemans, that "Penske" rendition of the new Camaro is the first time I liked the look of that new car. I'm luke warm on the Mustang, didn't like the Camaro, and think the Challenger knocks it out of the park.

Comment

pro road racing
              rising from the dead again ?
              haha bring back big block can am cars , then I would have an interest
              bring back bridgehampton too

Comment

Donnybrook used to kick ass too.

Comment

Working...
                X