Lets talk about Christmas food......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk about Christmas food......

We always do the traditional Turkey and Ham, mashed potatoes, candied yams, homemade rolls, green bean casserole, creamed onions, cranberry sauce, dressing, shrimp, sausage, and desserts galore.

BUT.....

The one thing I get stoked about is an appetizer....

Cheese Ball.....Mmmmmm. Any other cheeseballjunkies out there?

I ate a whole one last year.....Got really sick. Still wanted more.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Re: Lets talk about Christmas food......

Cheese balls are my chief holiday weakness. I used to think there was only one kind because my mom always got the same flavor, but my wife has introduced me to all sorts of new things.

I too have eaten cheese ball and crackers until I was sick, and still wanted more.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

One word, fruitcake.

Comment

Christmas Eve is always Sauerkraut and Kielbasa. Old family recipe, so I can't tell you what's in it. My stepdad is Polish and now my mom is. I didn't know it was contagious. We invite our Jewish friends over because we know they aren't doing anything.

No cheese ball, but there's always a cheese plate. Gotta love cheese.
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Usual holiday fare.....but this time, I'm staking out a 3-foot perimeter around the pumpkin pie.

I was DENIED on Thanksgiving, it will NOT happen again.

>

Comment

us italians are having lasagna again this year

Comment

My grandma makes a cream cheese cheeseball with cream cheese,dried beef,black olives,green onions,etc.... My wife loves it! I like it too,but not as much as her.

We usually have tons of desserts,but my cousin and I are rice krispie treat junkies. We can just about finish off a pan apiece.

Comment

X-Mas eve my parents throw down some good stuff. Surf and Turf, all the steak and lobster you can shove down your gullet.

Ham on X-Mas day but frankly I'm mowing candy, cashews, and beer long before half of the world has woken up.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

christmas eve, we do Bad Ass cheese soup, and sandwich meal. might do chili too this year. very casual and laid back.

Charles

Comment

I'm thinking casual and laid back too. Chili kinda sounds good. Or smoked brisket.

I have to go to my brother in law's early on Christmas day. Not sure what the menu is. Have to go to my mom's on Christmas eve. I don't have my son this year, since I only get him every other year. I don't make a big fuss over Christmas without him. The boss lady and I will have our little Christmas in the morning and go to her brother's house after that.............Damn!!!!! I just remembered..........I can't drink beer at his house. He's somewhat of a recovering alky (3 DWI's). That sucks!!!!! Time for the big sippy cup, cherry Coke and Captain Morgan and slip out to the truck every now and then. ;D Think I might come down sick that day and have to go home early and have chili AND brisket and beers. :P

Comment

yummmm. brisket sounds awesome. I did my first one this year. cooked that thing 14 hours. damn it was good!! I hate to say it, but has been to freakin cold to cook out side. I havent even grilled hamburgers or Brats since the first week in november.

all my in-laws are coming to my house, I have a bigger living room. I have 5 kids, and so does my sister in law, so we need the space!!

ok, I am hungry again.
                      Charles

Comment

I'm hungry now too.

Cold is my favorite time to smoke. Kinda like having a nice fire in the fireplace, but it's in the smoker outside. That and it doesn't get that cold around here usually. If it's in the 30's during the day, it's freakin' cold. That's when I get out all my Carhart stuff, a few beers and go stand by the smoker.

I usually start the brisket in the oven at about 175 degrees, starting it at about 3AM. I'll take it off at about 11AM and put it on the smoker, leaving it in the pan but draining some of the juice, which is kept to baste the brisket occasionally. Smoke it for about 4 to 6 hours depending on the size of the brisket and heat of the fire. I try to keep the smoker around 200 degrees, but I cook with fire and not propane, so it takes some work to keep it steady. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by std
                          Christmas Eve is always Sauerkraut and Kielbasa. Old family recipe, so I can't tell you what's in it. My stepdad is Polish and now my mom is. I didn't know it was contagious. We invite our Jewish friends over because we know they aren't doing anything.

No cheese ball, but there's always a cheese plate. Gotta love cheese.
                          Kielbasa is kosher?

Cheese balls sounds good...
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We used to do the Turkey or Ham thing every year, but then several years ago, Mom just said "screw it" with all the prep, and we've been having her famous ribs or wings (we alternate each year) every year since then. Must've been about 4-5 years ago, now. Nevertheless, she still makes her fan-tabulous stuffing. It could get to the point that I might not come home for the holidays if she ever stopped making that stuffing. ;) I love my Mom, though. She is an amazing cook!!!

Comment

I cook sour-bratten every year. We also do MD crab soup.

Steve
                              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Working...
                              X