No announcement yet.

Anyone here ever have a Pro Street car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever have a Pro Street car?

I've wanted to do a tubbed car for the past few years. Just a beater, but tubbed and quick enough not to be embarassing.

Anyone ever have one? Let's see photos and hear the stories.

Re: Anyone here ever have a Pro Street car?

Most of what I have had you could term as Pro/Beater.

Looks like hell, but hauls ass.

Comment

My 55 has cute little mini tubs, about 3" wide, but I doubt that's what you meant...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hey I didn't pick the name TubbedCamaro for nothing. But it'll probably be another decade before I finish it. : ;D

As for pics I have to transfer them back on to my Comp, so I'll do that and post some up.

As for stories, the tubbing all started because of the engine I built, a friend of mine said I'd end up twisting the car in half if I didn't cage it, so I figured if I was going that far I'd tub it to. And well that ended up being a big ordeal, since the first guy I took it to had the car for 9 months and the only thing the guy did was take the car apart and cut stuff out of it that I didn't want cut out. Basically I told him I wanted to tub the car but I wanted to leave the stock flooring in the car. The final straw was when I went there and he said he was going to cut the rear flooring out of the car, I told him I didn't want done that way and he said it was the only way he could do it, so I pulled the car before he F'd it up even more. I ended up taking the car to a guy named Robert Narez, who is a local guy that builds ProStock chassis, he told me it'd be a month before he could start on it, and it would take a couple of months to finish. And as a man of his word it was done in the time that he said. Then after getting it back from him my dad and I ended up having a fall out with our partner in the Benz business and I stopped going to the shop where my car was. Anyway it sat there for about 6 years while I started partying and chasing girls and I basically lost interest in it. I finally brought it home after our ex-partner need the space in the shop and I've gradually been putting it back together. Like I've said, I work on it when I have the time and the money, and ever since getting married and having kids, it seems I have little of both.

And I've also tubbed the GMC truck that is in my sig, boy does it look different now :o, but with that I didn't have to do any frame or suspension work to get the 29x15.5x15 Hoosier ProStreet Radials under it. I basically just had to cut the wheel wells in the back and stretch them to where the frame is. And the nice thing is they fit completely under the truck and they don't stick out of the wheel well at all. Funny thing is it's a leaf spring truck and I was told by a lot of guys that own these type of trucks that the tires wouldn't fit. I love proving people wrong. ;)

Anyway I'll gather some pics up, or take some new ones and get them posted up here.

And remember a car isn't done until it's tubbed. ;)

Comment

how quick is "quick enough not to be embarrassing" ?

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

gee thanks Beagle, now you'll get me put on someone's Top 11 list again. :
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

maybe the c-4 should be tubbed!

Comment

Not my rides but......
                Here's two pro street cars my buddies have.
                The guy who owns the Camaro had to take out his 5 speed Richmond
                because of bad knees and couldn't use clutch pedal anymore.
                Also has a cage and it's tough for him to get in and out of it.......going on
                Jenny Craig might be his answer.
                Both are currently looking for other rides that are more trip friendly
                when we go to out of town events.
                I totally dig the looks of a pro street but probably would never own one myself.

Comment

owned a 70 chevelle bb 454,tunnel ram & fogger...then i put a 2x3 tube frame,ladder bar 9in/stange 12 bolt rear.
                  second biggest mistake:cutting a near mint 59k mile car.
                  biggest mistake by far:selling it to buy a new house

(still) a numbnut..pics are too large to link here..

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

al
                  "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Bought this with Drag Week 2007 in mind... had weak motor.
                    Rebuilt the 462 rat, drove on 4 days of Power Tour 2008.
                    17.78mpg... for sale this spring (in MN).
                    Jim T
                    Supercar Collectibles
                    www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Nice to know the proceeds from die casts I?ve
                      bought from you bought you something tasty.
                      8)

Comment

In my opinion ProStreet should live on forever.

This was my Vega I built that as usual I should have never sold. Fun as hell to drive, jabbin the throttle always set you back HARD. Started with a 472 BBC, then the 502, and eventually a 540....all 10-1 gassers on the bottle.
                        It originally had a wing on back and a low aero scoop and sat 2" lower.....Then DF put out his INS and OUTS list one issue and said wings and scoops were OUT! A month later she looked like this!!! ;D
                        The little can ran 8.80's @ 162mph smokin the stock Vega front disc brakes on the big end cause I never had a chute!
                        I installed a complete Cavalier Z24 dash that everything worked including the fasten seat belt light when you armed the nitrous. Had a tweed interior :-X and a set of Lightning Rod shifters ;D. Damn I miss that car.

Sold the car to a guy who didn't know what he had. Couple bad moves one night and he went for the ride of his life one night....I got the pics the next morning.
                        Apparently doing a burn out in Dairy Queens parking lot with 500 plus cubic inches isn't impressive enough unless you push a button unleashing 500 Xtra on a fogger.
                        This is how you change the address your at in a hurry...across the street in seconds.

Car is rotting in a building somewhere in town here I think. Dreamed of one day getting her back home to rebuild her... :'(

Comment

If that had been mine I?d rather not have known about the burn out faux pas.
                          That is sad.

Comment

AFFORDILLAC, that was a sweet ride. Dig those SuperTrapps.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                              AFFORDILLAC, that was a sweet ride. Dig those SuperTrapps.
                              I saw the wreckage and thought "I haven't seen supertraps in forever"
                              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Working...
                              X