Non-Chevy Engine for '67 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Chevy Engine for '67 Camaro?

Why not go with a 4 banger.USAC midget motor.Chevy,Ford or Mopar.Pick your poison.

Comment

AMC 390

Comment

put a TOYOTA engine in it, your gona ruin it anyway......ruin it real good.....

Comment

Northstar for sure...

Comment

Do you guys know what this car is?

This is the car David saved from the 700 dollar credit program they were giving gross poluteers in California... The Crusher Camaro had a Long series of articles and a sorted past...

In other words... it's not Just a 67 Camaro... it's a part of our history...

K

Comment

Check out this video, that Camaro needs and wants a blown 454 chevy, chevy engine..........it is begging me to stop you from ruining it.....454 chevy engines are easy to find, we got three of them.....do it...

Comment

How about putting in a poncho mill. Then go to a all chevy car show and pop the hood. See how many people say "dude, why didn't you just get a firebird?" ;D

Every time I heard that with my chevy powered t\a I felt like choking someone.

On second thought, Leave the car as is. Take it out and whip the wee out of it at the track. Maybe see if you can actually get it to hook. :D

Comment

If you really want to be different how about an R3 Studebaker V-8? These came stock with the Paxton Supercharger. Of course you could use something like Ted Harbit uses in the Chicken Hawk. Twin turbos and the like....

David, you were looking to be different weren't you? ;D

Comment

If he wants to be different he can dress up in womens clothes, Leave the Camaro alone.......CHEVY POWER ONLY....... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
                      put whatever you want in it, in my opinion, it will not be a Camaro anyway without the CHEVY ENGINE POWER HOUSE WITHIN IT......so ruin it....it will be the first 67 Camaro I will dislike.....that is my favorite car , as long as it has its proper insides......
                      Why not? Chevy's have ruined the insides of many other vehicles in a similar manner.

Originally posted by Jesse N.
                      How about putting in a poncho mill. Then go to a all chevy car show and pop the hood. See how many people say "dude, why didn't you just get a firebird?" ;D
                      This would be funny, especially at a Super Chevy meet :D and even funnier if you win!
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Drop the steering box and get a rack. There's at least a dozen bolt in kits, then HEMI IT!!!!! Then go to the Mopar Nationals in it. Sit back and watch in suing havoc.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                          David I hate to say this... But that's one car that needs to be a Big Block Chevrolet... it's just what God wants... oh and he wants it to have a 4 speed... ( or a 5 with a 4 shifter handle )

You've just got so much stuff to mess with... think about putting the Same Big Block Chevrolet in the Super Bee... ( didn't work did it? )

Somehow... these cars already have an identity that has value astechically

Keith ( I'm loving the Idea of A Hemi in the Disco Nova... )
                          I gotta go with Kieth on this one.
                          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Okay, I like some of the ideas. Here are my opinions. All you guys wanting cool inline 6's new or old...Cool. I like some better than others, but cool overall. I like the 4200 six ideas a lot and have wanted to do that to Dad's 67 nova. We may do that anyway.

For all you guys wanting AMC power...Shut up. Wrong. I am a first gen Camaro guy and won't allow it. David can't do it without my help so no way. Don't get mad yet, you aren't alone. I'm going to rip on others shortly. The AMC motor is fine, but it ain't going in a Camaro if I can help it.

Pontiac, Olds, etc. Pretty good, but doesn't excite me. Won't oppose it, but there's nothing special about it.

Caddy power I love. I'm a cad fan and that would be cool. For you Northstar guys...you can't call that a cad motor. Sorry. My .02. But a 472 or 540 stroker from CadCompany would rule. Big power and huge torque. BBC power and small block weight. Gotta love it.

Nailhead? Really? Dude, set down the crack pipe. I've built a few of them. Not good. The good news for you guys is the designer of that engine also smoked crack so you guys can hang out. Geometry was not that guys subject by the look of the valvetrain.

Big or Small Block Chevy is obviously first choice.

Can't get too excited about the Ford family unless it was an FE and then I would keep my mouth shut about it.

Studebaker? Might be okay since most Stude V8's use the same head gasket as a small chevy. No really! Look it up.

We already have the 4.3 with a blowthrough. Easy and I could be cool with that.

Scat inline or v4. Hell yeah!!! I've wanted one forever. Midget's have run them forever. They rule. They had both inline and v's that used Chevy stuff. Awesome little 350-400 hp aluminum NA motors. I like them. Turbo anyone? I know the Geek is in.

Okay, I know some of you are pissed. So bring it. I can take it.
                            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

A 4.3 with a blow thru. I think I could like that.

What kind of blow? F1R or twin turbo?
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Ladies... Ladies.... LADIES....

Go get the 572... put a set of flat top pistons in it... keep or loose the cam... your choice... make it run on Mexican Pump gas...

And DRIVE the damn thing...

Folks walk up, look at the motor and ask... " How fast is that"... the answer of course is 261.6 mph... Well yeah in another car DS... but that's how fast the motor is...

Motors got history, Car's got history... .. and best of all...da..da... daa DUHHH.... it actually works for you inside a week!!! I'm not looking for easy... I'm looking for DONE... Finished... Not a Rat Rod... Fix the quarters!

( For the rest of you that have never seen the car in person... it's a Very nice 67 Camaro.. But the motor was snagged by some one, some of the quickie work that was done to finish it on Magazine time has taken it's toll so the quarters need to be replaced correctly... at least the welds need to be redone and primed correctly )

Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X