Non-Chevy Engine for '67 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Chevy Engine for '67 Camaro?

Its a Statement to the WORLD, in the name of Restorable Muscle cars,I would leave this one ALONE,and let it be shown to the JUNKIE world as often as possible. ODD is great,but Not in the desecration of a part of History.
    It would be like thumbing your nose at the very reason,it was Saved.There are a bazzillion of them,but THIS one should be SACRED. Just my 2.5 cents.

Comment

It was saved for a destiny Greater than a Chevy!

Besides DF specified no permanent alterations.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I have a 500 Caddy block on an engine stand. Before I installed the 383, I looked at that Caddy and thought to myself, Yeah! Then an All Chevy buddy said No Way!
        Install a caddy. I have a set of # 950 heads and a Performer intake on the shelf. All I need is a rebuild kit, rods & pistons and someone to guide me on how to make it happen.

Comment

Just in case my scat V4 idea is to bucks up,now i'll low buck it with this it has be done at B-ville so I'm trying to suck KT into it too . Half a 350 surely we could find one that one bank is no-good.Readily available parts and turbo it .If I can't talk you into all that cutting on a block then you have my blessing on the 4.3 (i'd rather call it a 262 big block v-6 ) w turbo .It's close to the v-4

Comment

A Supercharger or Turbo on a Straight Six would be different and actually kind of cool.

Comment

I can go along with another CHEVY power plant but don't be sacreligious and cross breed it! :'(
              Put your 555 in it and spray it! A straight six with a turbo could start a new trend in the restored camaro world.

Comment

what about a 2 stroke boat motor?

Comment

fe motor with multiple carbs. take it to events where the chevy faithful go and pop the hood. its only worth doing if it pisses someone off.

Comment

turbo 500 caddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by purplecobra
                      turbo 500 caddy!!!
                      Yeah, by 75 they only had a measely, pathetic 7.6:1 compression. Lot's of room for major boost.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sheez, guys...it's just a Camaro. Not that special. But I could go for a hopped-up inline six. I have a really good 250. It's what the car came with stock, after all! I'd eventually need more power, though. I have a 8-71, 484ci street motor I could throw in.

Comment

i think a nerve has been struck keep it a gm at least

there is a guy where i live got a b1 mopar big block in a 68 firebird

Comment

Chevy II banger

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave
                              i think a nerve has been struck keep it a gm at least

there is a guy where i live got a b1 mopar big block in a 68 firebird
                              Yep, in Motown a nerve has been struck, you dont mess with the Camaro.....Keep it CHEVY POWERED, or forever keep its top on....

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                                Sheez, guys...it's just a Camaro. Not that special. But I could go for a hopped-up inline six. I have a really good 250. It's what the car came with stock, after all! I'd eventually need more power, though. I have a 8-71, 484ci street motor I could throw in.
                                I know its JUST a camaro but they are getting hard to find unless you have big money. I like the 250 turbo idea like I said it may start a new trend for all the stock original 6 cars still not changed over to a eight. I wouldn't mind finding a stocker to try it with gotta be quieter than my big block and more fun to drive than my restored 327 vert.

Comment

Working...
                                X