Non-Chevy Engine for '67 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Non-Chevy Engine for '67 Camaro?

im sure he could weld something up to swing in an FE.. i was just thinking how cool COBRA JET badges would look on the car..

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_R
      Putting a normal Chevy into it is not the way to heaven - its the way to plain vanilla boredom land. Every variation on that theme has been played to death and then some.

I vote for a Mercury Marine 4 cylinder with a 460 Ford race head (fits) and a buttload of boost. It would be weird, fast, and nobody would know what the heck it was.
      your not normal.......anyone got some electric shock therapy for this guy? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_R
        I vote for a Mercury Marine 4 cylinder with a 460 Ford race head (fits) and a buttload of boost. It would be weird, fast, and nobody would know what the heck it was.
        Interesting that you mention that. I know a guy that has one of these motors and had plans to build it with a 101mm turbo to go in a Mustang, which already had a 434 SBC with a blow through 101mm turbo system. I remember hearing one time that he felt that mid to low 5's (eigth mile) were possible he felt, considering you can get a Turbo Buick V6 to go those numbers and that by the time he was finished with the engine he would have about the same displacement with a lot of boost like the Buick V6.

As for my vote for what engine to go in the Camaro, I would love to see a '86-'87 Turbo Regal engine go in (I've always had a thing for these cars,) or a 500 (or larger) cubic inch Cadillac, or a 455 Olds.

Off topic...sorta, but my cousin had a '82 Camaro Berlinetta years ago with a 455 Olds. Mostly stock engine if I remember correctly. I always liked that car. I was only 8 or 9 years old at the time that he did the swap, but even still I'm pretty sure it ran mid 8s in the eigth mile. I always thought it made for a cool swap though. I even built a model of a '69 Camaro around that time with a 455 olds engine in it. Even in 1/25th scale it was a packed engine bay. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
          Originally posted by Mike The Photo Guy
          Sorry, it took me awhile to find this. I guess I'm too late. Can you imagine the comments when you open the hood.
          Mike TPG

P.S. Grumpy's Toy looks great!
          You'd have to mount it backwards to get that oil pan to clear a 1st gen crossmember! Chevys have the sump in the rear . . .
          You could do a huge engine setback, get the weight to 50/50 and paint it like the Penske Sunoco Camaro they used to race in Trans Am.
          Use it on track days, when the crowd starts to build up, whip open the hood and prepare to defend yourself.
          Mike TPG
          Be an instigator, like Woody Woodpecker

Comment

Working...
          X