Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Chevy Engine for '67 Camaro?

Originally posted by Freiburger
    Any other ideas on cool but freakish engine swaps for a '67 Camaro?
    Don't know where I got the idea to suggest a nailhead.

Comment

Buick Stage1 455(got one)
      HO pontiac 455(got one)

oh and if ya go with the caddy i have a factory rear sump pan and pickup and a set of motormounts out of a 79 425.I just sold a 38,000 org mi 500 cad beast.

Can you tell i've been a Junkyard dog and goodie packrat like forever?

8)

Comment

CHAD.......Thanks for agreeing that a bbc or sbc motor belong in that car.......and to the nit wit who says chevy motors have ruined other small cars they dont belong in, well all the chevy powered MUSTANGS IN FLINT are FEARED....... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
          If you really want to be different how about an R3 Studebaker V-8? These came stock with the Paxton Supercharger. Of course you could use something like Ted Harbit uses in the Chicken Hawk. Twin turbos and the like....

David, you were looking to be different weren't you? ;D
          It would look pretty cool!
          Mike TPG

Comment

I couldn't see it... there was a Great BIG Sample written across the top... LOL

Sorry... just had to poke a little fun here...

K

Comment

This is one of the most beautiful engine swaps I've ever seen. It helps to be Jack Roush when your doing something like this. When I spoke with the guys that worked on this project, they said it was part of a pissing match between Jon Moss at GM and John Coletti at Ford. Moss had a 572 cube ZL1 in his 99 Camaro. Coletti told Ford he needed a car to evaluate brakes with. This 93 Cobra was sent to Roush with the idea of putting a Boss 429 in it. When it was done they brought it out for the press. When they opened the hood on the 93 Mustang Cobra, everyone's jaws dropped. Roush had built a one off 604 cube Allen Root based alloy Boss motor with a shoe box intake featuring dual 70 mm throttle bodies, with 72 lbs injectors. This setup not only looks great. It put out 855 hp at 6200 rpm and 794 lb-ft at 5200 rpm. What ever engine you put in the Crusher, I hope it has this much impact when hood goes up.
              Mike TPG

Comment

My buddy has a dream of taking a '69 Camaro and doing it up like a T/A car, complete with a Boss 302. Just another idea to ponder.

Comment

Maybe you could get GM to let you put one of these ZL1 anniversary motors in there.
                  Mike TPG

Comment

Mike.. that might be the BEST idea yet...

K ( and the price is slightly better then Just right )

Comment

Ok, if Doc see's that he will need to have some alone time :
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

you coudl go all the way different, get an I5 and slap a turbo on it

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                          Mike.. that might be the BEST idea yet...

K ( and the price is slightly better then Just right )
                          I'll bet DF still has all the right phone numbers to pull it off.
                          Mike TPG

Comment

The I5 3.7 sounds like an awesome idea. Even cooler if it was running a turbo on propane. Ecotec would be my second choice. A cts high feature v6 would also be awesome.
                            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
                              The I5 3.7 sounds like an awesome idea. Even cooler if it was running a turbo on propane. Ecotec would be my second choice. A cts high feature v6 would also be awesome.

all of the above are Chevy engines; and GREAT suggestions. I don't think you have to basturdize the car and make people hate it, just to put a "unique" engine in it. Chad learned how to play with more than just cows, he can also work that 'lectronic fuel injeckshun!! Git-r-dunn!!!!

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Another idea:

GMC Big Block V6

I think they made up to 478" versions of it. ;D

Or take the 351 version and efi/turbo it.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X