6-second street car, 200+ mph!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6-second street car, 200+ mph!!

I'm gonna say if you got the nad's to cut the belts off and replace them every day.... good on ya...

Sorry that's a bucks up deal... the rest of us would use one all week...

K

Comment

I have met Rod numerous times and he is one of the nicest Ive ever met. I think there is a difference in a street legal ride, and a "street car".
      and what about Andy Frost and his Red Victor, there is a guy who really brags about being the "fastest street Car".
      and check this out, here is a Pa legal car that went 6.66 on spray and was driven more than a 100 miles at a time on the street. Later it went 7.20s all motor . this is not a street car , but was street Legal.
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
        I'm gonna say if you got the nad's to cut the belts off and replace them every day.... good on ya...

Sorry that's a bucks up deal... the rest of us would use one all week...

K
        final round, you always put a new belt on.....thats what the alky guys always tell me....
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
          I have met Rod numerous times and he is one of the nicest Ive ever met. I think there is a difference in a street legal ride, and a "street car".
          and what about Andy Frost and his Red Victor, there is a guy who really brags about being the "fastest street Car".
          and check this out, here is a Pa legal car that went 6.66 on spray and was driven more than a 100 miles at a time on the street. Later it went 7.20s all motor . this is not a street car , but was street Legal.
          I believe that Andy fellow is a member here, IIRC his car has gone 7.6s on pump and drag radials.

Comment

I've never met Rod, but I have seen his cars around (he lives a couple hours away from me). I always got the impression he was out to have a good time, not prove something.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
              I've never met Rod, but I have seen his cars around (he lives a couple hours away from me). I always got the impression he was out to have a good time, not prove something.
              then he should tell his friends to stop claiming he drives the fastest "street car"
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I have never heard him say that, but Ive heard Andy Frost say it. just taking quick trips around the block a street car does not make. being able to drive a few hundred a day does. on a side note , if the slicks and spares dont fit in the trunk , most people would leave them a home!
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  Originally posted by dagenesta
                  then he should tell his friends to stop claiming he drives the fastest "street car"
                  He's said that's his goal. It's gone 6.90's. Jensen's Vette went 6.66 with a "wink wink" license plate. So it seems that Saboury isn't quite there, yet.
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

BTW Rod Saboury was at the 1980 Car Craft West Coast nats in the San Fernando Valley in what may have been his first '63 Vette, I'm not sure. It was a wild, immaculate car...he was said to be a roofing contractor who went in over his head to get it built in his own garage. How he got the car to L.A. I don't know. Not a rich guy (he may be now, with a work ethic like that). He wasn't friendly but I attributed that to his having been approached by the 1,000th guy that day wanting to yak. The car spoke for itself and was a lesson to anybody who says that they can't do something.

I can't say what his deal has been since or now.

I'm a little miffed at the energy that goes into the "What is a street car" debate, but, whatever. All cars are a compromise of some type, where you set your line is a matter of where you like to have it.

Comment

My 9 second pro street car is my first car from some 30 years ago.
                      It is a street legal car.
                      I love it.
                      Its done drag week twice.
                      It is a N/A BBC that is a handful on the street.
                      It did not go any quicker when I took the detroit locker out and put the spool in for strength.
                      My wife will go for a local cruise nights in it but does not enjoy it from a noise standpoint (and complains of no back seat).
                      What I am saying is that it is getting to the point where it will either need to be gutted for weight and stress reduction on parts or needs a transplant of a mild crate motor and get to building a race car and a 9 passenger station wagon for me, the wife and kids to go to cruises in but I can't seem to find the right projects.

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
                        All cars are a compromise of some type, where you set your line is a matter of where you like to have it.
                        That's about the best summary yet.

The difference is setting your line, then telling everyone that they need to accept your line.

Rod may not be guilty. I don't know. I have not seen any of his claims firsthand. I guess we can all agree that he has a very nice car that's super quick that he has driven on the street.

I'm guilty, since I claim Drag Week as the line of "Fastest Street Car." I can live with that.

Comment

Without having been there, Drag Week looks like a pretty legit playing field for those out for the title.

Comment

Working...
                          X