A Fabricating challange...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Fabricating challange...

Count me in . . . I just might have to go the "rat pan" route.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
      Originally posted by 72_Ventura
      We need clear rules. Are motors allowed? Gas and electric? Is there a horsepower limit? Size limit? How many beers can it hold before it's no longer considered primarily a dustpan?
      No cowl hoods over 21".............. ;D
      And no illegal dustpan-racing either your hear! ;D
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
        Count me in . . . I just might have to go the "rat pan" route.
        I think I'm going with the 'eat my dust' theme........ ;D

Comment

I'm not sure we don't need at least one "Dust to Glory"

Keith

Comment

Keith you got way to much free time :D

Comment

Well. seeing that the closing date of January the 15th 2008 has been and gone, and the only dustpan submitted was this painstakingly crafted beauty..
              It looks like I WIN. ;D

So Keith, what's my prize?

Comment

That thing is awesome Steve! :o
                Can you give us a step by step build-up please.
                I'm real curious what the mods are and materials used on this thing... :o

:D :D
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

SHOOT..... STEVE you win.... the rest of us totally SUCK....

" big Bowing going on here... "

I got wrapped up in the 32 and forgot all about the competition...and I started it... ( now tell me I haven't been hanging out with Freiburger to long? )

Keith.... One more round for Steve.. he got it done... we suck!!!

Comment

ahhh the Prize... I'll bring Tonya by your house to say hello last time I was in Australia... or wait better yet.... I'll come up with something and forget it as quick as I forgot the competition...

STEVE ROCKS WE SUCK[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Comment

Yes! Victory is all Mine.. I ROCK! :D :P

Hey Keith, how's Rod? Have you spoken to him lately? Is he a member here at all??
                      I've been meaning to contact him and say hi. Maybe even pay him a visit.
                      (Damn, what is his wife's name? Is it Louise?)

Comment

Oh you should go by his house and get a lesson in Gas welding... the man is magical at it... or if you need something turned on a lathe he'd love to do it for you...

He has some of the most incredible motorcycles you have ever seen.... oh and you could bring us back pictures... just to show how much you can stuff in a shed out back...

Keith

Comment

Steve.We need specs of the "pan"! Wife was reading over my shoulder and saw it and wants one.Please help me!!

Comment

Man, I'm just not sure I really want to give away my trade-secrets on how I put that awesome pan together. I mean, it takes years of experience and skill to be able to do this sort of thing..
                            If you're a novice (yeah, I bet you are), forget about even attempting such a task. :

But for the sake of knowledge sharing and all that internet forum crap, I'll try to put pure skill into words..

Just take a look at those rivets for example... There's 10 of them.. Count them yourself!
                            Seriously, do you have any idea on how long they took to install and the equipment required??
                            Zinc plated.. steel mandrel.. 1 eighth of an inch diameter with a 3/16" grip.. See what I mean? No walk in the park, mate.

-Not to mention thoroughly thinking out the project before-hand. So the rivets wouldn't get covered in spray paint, they were installed afterwards.
                            That's right, the rivets were installed AFTER the VHT was applied. Huh... I bet I had you fooled there. ;)

..and that's VHT Universal Aluminium (that's al-u-min-um for you naive Yanks).
                            The list goes on.

:P

Comment

;D ;D Thanks! I think the next challenge should be floor creepers!

Comment

Working...
                              X