Pretty cool ebay find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pretty cool ebay find

That's awesome! Interesting that it has a real '69 grille on it in the vintage photos. Does the quarter panel say Tyree Headers, as in Jess Tyree?

Comment

There's one in Florida, too. I was at Bradenton Test & Tune one night about 6 years ago, and someone had a '67-'69 Firebird funny car body with magnesium spindle mounts and a carb'd SBC in it, tuning for passes. I don't remember the specific year of the body. It was in primer, so any history was likely wiped out.

-Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
        That's awesome! Interesting that it has a real '69 grille on it in the vintage photos. Does the quarter panel say Tyree Headers, as in Jess Tyree?
        Yes on the Tyree headers.

The guy selling that car is a certified Pontiac nut...makes our Buick man CTX look soft. He owns an all Poncho junkyard, also he runs a nostalgia top fuel dragster with a nitro burning Pontiac motor in it, which as normal heads on it, but he has a couple sets of the M/T Poncho heads that will find their way on to the motor in time.

Steve Barack is his name and his website is http://www.pontiacheaven.org/

My guess on the body is that it's a Camaro body that someone got after with a sawzall. The factory grille is a neat touch!
        My first thought was that it was one of the "Mr. Unswitchable" cars, but it's not. Cool piece, now all you need to find is an old school Logge Bros. chassis and a blown Pontiac 421 on fuel and you'd be livin'!

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I like the tow rig!

Comment

Working...
          X