Editorial Accuracy at CC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editorial Accuracy at CC?

I've been away all week, so forgive me if this is a repost...

But what's up with the Feb '09 Car Craft cover? "supercharge any engine for less than $2,500"

I don't see any reference to that in the mag, unless it refers to the 'Cuda Krass was daydreaming about.
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Re: Editorial Accuracy at CC?

There a Weiand on a Ford and a Procharger on a Chevy. I didn't look for a price list.

Comment

I didn't read the price list.. I first thought was a 144 price reduction; but the article was a 174 - perhaps Holley feels our pain and has dropped the price? But I didn't see any prices in the article so I couldn't verify
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

A satin 174 kit for a small Ford is $2409 at Summit.

Comment

Interesting, Ford and BBC are under 2500; SBC is more than 2500.... whoddathunkit?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Double that, you'll get an idea of the total cost involved....
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

They show the Weiand for the Ford at $2699.95, and the ATI from the Chevy at $2845.00

I just didn't see anything that really jibed with the cover.
              I'll still buy and read, however. Just making conversation.
              1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
              1997 Mustang GT
              sigpic

Comment

have yet to see... :-\
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Man I've not thumbed through one of them in years. Is Brian Hatano still the editor?

Comment

He never was. And, no, he's long gone as a staffer.

Comment

I try not to put too much weight in what I read in magazines. I've seen some of these cheap how-to articles where the guy admits finding a $2000 part in the garage he forgot about, or his friend gave him a $700 part for shampooing his dog or some crap ;D > All the while adding these parts to the "build" without considering the actual value of those parts. Hey, whatever floats your boat. But take what you read with a grain of shit, er, I mean salt :P ;D
                      Originally posted by Teddyzee
                      I've been away all week, so forgive me if this is a repost...

But what's up with the Feb '09 Car Craft cover? "supercharge any engine for less than $2,500"

I don't see any reference to that in the mag, unless it refers to the 'Cuda Krass was daydreaming about.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

It seemed like the late 80s maybe he made editor at another one, Drag Racing? One of the old Petersen titles anyhow. Man that was a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X