Where to stay at Maxton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to stay at Maxton?

My brother and I need a road trip this year. I suggested Maxton. I know there are places listed on the ECTA web site but was looking for some feed back on places. I'm looking for some place reasonably priced. TIA.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Where to stay at Maxton?

There is only one place to stay.. Pine acres Motor lodge... it's listed and Cheap... like 45 a night...

Call in the afternoon and only talk to Libby... she's our girl..

K

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
      My brother and I need a road trip this year. I suggested Maxton. I know there are places listed on the ECTA web site but was looking for some feed back on places. I'm looking for some place reasonably priced. TIA.
      I have been staying in the Comfort Inn (free breakfast), but that place fills up pretty quick. I think I'll use the Hampton Inn in April. I do know that you should not consider the Clinton Inn -- bad goings on there!

Comment

Thanks guys, Pine acres sounds like my kind of place ;D
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Pine Acres
          Reserve Early and Confirm a bit before you leave to Maxton. And that is where the PARTY is! Already set up my next stay for April, and I will call again in a few weeks to confirm.

Comment

Dan's Couch ;D
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yer welcome to it, but it's really a bit too far to commute. Maxton is 100.3 miles from the house to the track, according to MapQuest. I stay at the Pine Acres, which generally works out OK. I've done OK at the Clinton, but the Scotland Inn is a dive - you know, sticky carpets.

Pine Acres is supposed to get some No Smoking rooms this winter - they didn't have 'em as of early December. I hope they do. In the meantime, I take a jug of Fabrese and hose the room down.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                Yer welcome to it, but it's really a bit too far to commute. Maxton is 100.3 miles from the house to the track, according to MapQuest. I stay at the Pine Acres, which generally works out OK. I've done OK at the Clinton, but the Scotland Inn is a dive - you know, sticky carpets.

Pine Acres is supposed to get some No Smoking rooms this winter - they didn't have 'em as of early December. I hope they do. In the meantime, I take a jug of Fabrese and hose the room down.

Dan
                I only live about an hour away and I still stay in Laurinburg rather than "Commute." It is hard to have a good time with everybody Saturday night if you've got to drive an hour to get home afterward. Also it is hard enough to be at the track Sunday morning on time if I have to add another hour to the schedule.

I agree about the Scotland Inn.

The Clinton is another issue. Last time I stayed there the noise in the parking lot all night long, the fire alarm that went off time and time again, etc. did not endear itself to me. The night clerk was unwilling to call authorities. It was a racer that called the fire department as the clerk refused to even with the fire alarm screaming. He "knew" it was a prank, but also could not turn it off! Nope-- no stay at the Clinton for me.

Comment

Working...
                X