Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an old Crane book? probably early-mid '80s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an old Crane book? probably early-mid '80s?

I need help trying to find specs on a cam, only info I have is stamping numbers FH 284 NC, 5 094. I know it's for a Ford 289-302. I used to have the cam card, and I swear it said .555 lift or something like that.

Jusy wondering what series cam this is, and if it's in the range I want. (actually it doesn't matter if it's what I want, it going in anyway) It's an old one, and it was old when I got it in the early '90s. Came with a parts car I had. I'm putting together a 302 with junk parts I have lying around just for the fun of it to see what it will do.

Re: Anyone have an old Crane book? probably early-mid '80s?

I have one of the old Crane books at the house. Lemme see if I can dig it up for ya.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
      I need help trying to find specs on a cam, only info I have is stamping numbers FH 284 NC, 5 094. I know it's for a Ford 289-302. I used to have the cam card, and I swear it said .555 lift or something like that.

Jusy wondering what series cam this is, and if it's in the range I want. (actually it doesn't matter if it's what I want, it going in anyway) It's an old one, and it was old when I got it in the early '90s. Came with a parts car I had. I'm putting together a 302 with junk parts I have lying around just for the fun of it to see what it will do.

My Dad worked for Crane for almost 40 years, I'll send him the link to this thread and see if he might know what you've got, it amazes me how many cam numbers he remembers. If not, he's got catalogs and copies of the old Crane Winners' Handbook going back to the 60s.

Comment

Worst case - somebody here must have access to a Cam Doctor. 'Tain't me, though.

Dan

Comment

My apologies. My book was an old Comp Cams book. Sorry I couldn't help.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Thanks anyway Ron! I never throw anything away, so I must still have that cam card somewhere.

Comment

I have a Crane master catalog from '93 but that exact # isn't there.....catalog might be too new.

I did find Series/grind Fireball FHI-284-2, 238/248 @ .050.....284/294 adv.........533/.555 gross lift 114 lobe separation. Maybe thats their new # at that time.
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

IIRC,

should be Fireball series hyd (FH)...
                i am off today, will check into it friday....

al
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                  I have a Crane master catalog from '93 but that exact # isn't there.....catalog might be too new.

I did find Series/grind Fireball FHI-284-2, 238/248 @ .050.....284/294 adv.........533/.555 gross lift 114 lobe separation. Maybe thats their new # at that time.
                  Those specs sound familiar. I bet that's it. It's way wrong for what I'm doing. Perfect! ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X