Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know this car? Its a good one!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know this car? Its a good one!!!!

I know alot about it, and will tell later.
    But if you know anything let er fly!!!!!!!!

Re: Do you know this car? Its a good one!!!!

Big Willie's Daytona

Comment

Yep, that is Big Willie's ride. It made a cameo appearance in Two Lane Blacktop if I remember correctly.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

out of curiosity, what kind of time did that car run in the 1/4 ?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Isn't that the car from Cars? It's a ford of some kind, right? ;D
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
            Yep, that is Big Willie's ride. It made a cameo appearance in Two Lane Blacktop if I remember correctly.

Ron
            Are you referring to the orange daytona (against a GTX/Road Runner) that launched prior to the '55 facing off against the '70 Cuda?
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron

Ron

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the car red in the movie.

Comment

OK, heres the skinny on the car!
                Yes it was on the first part of the TLB movie they show this car racing down the track.
                Anyway I think Mopar gave Big Willie 3 of these cars, the "King, Queen, and this one the Prince or Duke.
                The Queen one got wrecked so they put all the parts on this one for some reason, its a 440 4 barrel car.
                Anyway these guys from Kentucky that are diehard Mopar fans and I mean DIEHARD, are truck drivers and go all over the USA. Im not going to mention names places or their shop or junkyard for their privacy reasons.
                Anyway I hear they bought this car for $20,000 and pulled it out of Willie's backyard.
                I saw the car at shows around here and the pic is one that I took.
                Well after awhile I saw it on Ebay and followed the auction and it went for around $200,000.
                Then I saw it in Hotrod at a old car reunion.
                During the auction there was a link to a Mopar forum and then someone had an old magizine artical all about the 3 Superbirds and a write up about Willie.
                This was my 5 minutes anywhere near fame!!!

Comment

That's about the story as I recall it.

Comment

Almost forgot about ol Big Willie

Note in the advertising: Low Rider Scrape Racing

Comment

This was my 5 minutes anywhere near fame!!!
                      Well I thought that was my only 5 minutes, One time in the mid 80s at the Indy 500, I ran smack face to face into David hasselhoff and he grabbed me by the shoulders and...

set me aside and said "Sorry kid you all right" and I just froze, and of corse my friends were nowwhere around to see it!!!
                      What, what did you think happened you dirty minded bast***** :o

Comment

Working...
                      X