• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobalt tool box - all it's missing is some plumbing

Re: Kobalt tool box - all it's missing is some plumbing

*drool* ;D

Comment

I see that thing at Lowes everytime I go up there.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

My new box is almost that big, but none of the amenities. I got it at Sam's as a closeout - couple of small dents but nothing major. I'm still moving in. The 'fridge would be nice, though......

Dan

Comment

my box is made in the usa
          and paid for

Comment

That thing is a toilet away from keeping every guy in the garage 24/7! ;) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
              my box is made in the usa
              and paid for
              some of you may or may not know.....kobalt is owned by snap-on! :o ;D
              67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
              05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Some of the Sheetmetal Guys at work have these boxes, and they are really stout to boot.

Comment

snap on has factories all over asia pumping out blue point tools

Comment

Saw it last week, and that is the Mac Daddy of tool boxes 8) !!!!!

Rob
                    LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER !!!!!!

Comment

It's not bad but the fridge is too small. You need something like this in the garage.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott
                        some of you may or may not know.....kobalt is owned by snap-on! :o ;D
                        I'm fairly sure Kobalt is owned by Lowes as a house brand, not Snap on. It is definitely true that at one time Snap-on through its JH Williams division, was a supplier for many of the hand tools. I have a set of wrenches and a 3/8 socket set that I got when Kobalt was first launched that are very nicely made and marked made in USA. But sometime in the last several years the Kobalt line of tools changed. The style of tools I have are no longer available which leads me to believe they are no longer made by Williams. Now it's possible Snap on is still supplying Lowes with off-shore sourced tools, but I still think the brand is "owned" by Lowes

Comment

From my research a few years back, I think Matt is correct. At that time, Kobalt was the only non-Snap-On branded tool that Snap-On made. Finish was not as good, though. Last I checked, Snap-On boxes were made to Snap-On specs by MBC (Metal Box and Cabinet Co.) - no clue on Kobalt. MBC used stiffer metal, better fittings, etc. on the Snap-On boxes, so they were better than others, even if made by MBC.

Dan

Comment

$1600.00

not bad...

al
                            "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I've looked over that Kobalt box.....looked over all of the models on the floor just for the hell of it.

The stainless finish is way cool, and has pre-cut drawer liners.

The drawers are downright flimsy, IMHO....Hell, my MACsimiser top&bottom box(Davey Allison signature edition) is more stout than those Kobalt deals.

They'd be OK for the shadetree guy, or someone that doesn't have a shitload of BIG tools to put in it....what I'm trying to say I guess is that it'd be OK for the home garage, but no way it would handle the rigors and abuse of a professional wrencher.

The fridge and stereo are cool and all, but honestly....I'd rather have the storage area instead.

I'm with Spidey on the Snap-On boxes....gave my old top&bottom setup to my dad as a birthday gift several years ago.

Still looks like new, and I WORKED from that box in several diesel truck shops(did with the mac as well, just at the very end).

Matco makes killer stuff as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X