Why do you have the car you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do you have the car you have?

I had hung around maxton about 4 years and had not had a toy sense selling my v8 Vega.(mistake)Wanted to run something no one else was.Started on a luv.Found the s10 at a swap meet.
    Its cheap,its fun.
    terry

Comment

Re: Why do you have the car you have?

I bought my Mustang when I was 18 and fresh out of high school. I had the inside skinny on an 82 Camaro Z28 from a buddy. We went to the bank, got the loan but my buddy ended up wrecking it the same day before I had got the money over to him. Felt like someone ripped my heart out.
      Found the Mustang the next day. It was black, had tinted windows that were stupid dark, had exhaust that was stupid loud (found the leak later that made it so loud) and it was stupid fast. It was everything that a teenager needs in his first car. I must have had the blinders on that day because no matter how much my dad tried to talk me out of this car, this was the only thing I wanted to get. Of course I quickly learned why you shop around. Turns out that this car was a pretty big pile 'o crap. I couldn't begin to count the number of dollars and hours spent by my dad and me on this car, or the number of times it has been at the end of the tow rope with my dad up front in his truck. If it was something that could be replaced, I've replaced it. If something could've broke, it's broke twice. It's not a super pretty car and it looks like the 21 year old car that it is. It's got character and I can tell you where every scratch and dent came from. It even still has the chunk out of the spoiler that my girlfriend (now wife) left when she backed over a mailbox. It was my first car and I've had it 16 years now and I don't see myself ever getting rid of it. It still gets to hang out in the garage (next to the wife's ride) while my daily driver Crapalier sits out in the snow. My 3 boys and I love getting out and doing burnouts and donuts in it. The older two are already talking about who gets to take it to prom when they go in 6 years!

Comment

Working...
      X