Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVS TTRS Worlds Fastest Car in the Standing Mile 231.66mph - Video

Happy Holidays!

The SVS Stryker TTRS achieved 4 world records with this 1 standing mile run of 231.66mph that was achieved in Oct 2007 at the Maxton Monster Mile in N.C. The...

Re: SVS TTRS Worlds Fastest Car in the Standing Mile 231.66mph - Video

That's movin!

Comment

Best to you'se Ron's too...

Been a Hoot... If you guys have never seen anything like this you should come check out Maxton in April... Nothing fancy... just a fun place to hang out ...

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
        Best to you'se Ron's too...

Been a Hoot... If you guys have never seen anything like this you should come check out Maxton in April... Nothing fancy... just a fun place to hang out ...

Keith
        Amen!

Comment

Being completely unfamiliar with top speed type racing events, what qualifies a car as a "production car?" The video said that it is the world's fastest production car in the standing mile. Is it the body, block casting number, overall car platform or what?... thanks!

Comment

Body and BLock type.... the V10 for example has to remain true... as does the intake bolt patter...

So you can't run an SB2 in the place of a Small block....

K

Comment

Hate I missed that!!!!

Can't wait till april..........

Comment

Simply awesome ,people keep them comming.

Comment

Is there camping allowed at the race course?

Comment

i like the big white splitter on the nose, makes it look like the car is smiling right before it goes out to tear it up.

congrats on the run, very cool car.

Comment

Thanks everyone

The first standing mile event we competed at was Maxton in 2001. It's cool to me that we were able to achieve this record at the same location and Oct event where we started 6 years ago.

Also, the people/organizers/promoters are the best you could possibly ask for in supporting an event like this.

Happy New Year!

Ronjr

Comment

A bit more about Ron. At the end of the meet, Ron and the lady he was with (wife?) came out on the track with me and picked up the cones. I think it's pretty cool that a guy mounting an effort like this one isn't too "good" to pitch in and do what has to be done to make the track work. And no, he didn't send a crew member. As I said at the time - "Thanks, Ron and helper!" These guys got class.

Dan Stokes
                        Volunteer Coordinator, ECTA

Comment

Hey Ron.. that car is in the center of our poster too.... seems it was the fastest car at Maxton EVER... which also happens to be the fastest last year too... LOL

Hey use your imagination here... it's all GOOD stuff...

Keith

Comment

Nice ride, how many LSR runs have you made with it? Was that the best, or are you planning on topping it this year?
                            sigpic

Comment

Glad to help Dan S. Being a volunteer keeps everything rolling...

I have to go outside and throw some salt on the iced sidewalks around our shop.....Imagination, hmmmm.... there's no snow/ice on the ground and it isn't 0 degrees out....

...It's 78 degreees! and I'm in the Viper with the pedal down melting rubber next to a 32 Roadster BB while it's burning down a set of tires.....as the smoke completely engulfs everything....I fly out of it through the air in a BAJA truck covered in dirt and dust slamming the terrain and open it up on a long straightaway....faster...faster...all white and now on the Salt Flats going 800mph tightly packed in a capsule....

Blech! I have to stop tasting this salt everytime I go outside :P

Comment

Working...
                              X