Got a call form Classic Camaro today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a call form Classic Camaro today

They called me to tell me the door shells for my '71 Camaro finally came in. Yap ordered them over 15 years ago. :o

Needless to say I ended up getting a pair from a junkyard years ago.

But you know the economy is bad when they are going back that far in trying to drum up business.

Anyway it was a good laugh.

Re: Got a call form Classic Camaro today

No Kidding......That is hysterical.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Chuckle from me! The shipping container from Asia must have cleared Customs - finally.

Dan

Comment

I'm digging in some very very old files myself, looking for work for the guys. Customers are precious commodities these days.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Ya I couldn't believe it, when I asked to be put on the list, they said it would be a couple of years, they said the people that make the doors do them in runs and that when the got to my body style they would have them in. I guess 70-81 Camaro doors must have been towards the end of the list. Funny thing is I used to call them every year just to see if they got them in and was told that they would have them soon. I guess my interpretation of soon is a little different then theirs. :D

Comment

Man, at least they didnt forget about ya completely. I guess they really wanted to show they were willing to go the extra mile if they kept the list that long.
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I would almost feel bad not buying them. Wow is that a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                I'm digging in some very very old files myself, looking for work for the guys. Customers are precious commodities these days.
                Did you get Ken his estimate? and did you get a price for my damaged panel? did you buy more beer yet , and you need to shave, you look scruffy! ;D Merry Christmas!
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
                  Originally posted by dagenesta
                  Did you get Ken his estimate? and did you get a price for my damaged panel? did you buy more beer yet , and you need to shave, you look scruffy! ;D Merry Christmas!
                  Ken is a difficult guy to get in touch with. I left a quote in his truck today.

I'll get a price for that section for you directly. Merry Christmas to you!

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

i have a friend that has been waiting for those doors for3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So, did the price go up? :D
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X