Have You Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever

Looking to see if anyone has been on a stock car ride along? I'm thinking about it as a gift for a friend who is new to the sport. Just looking for input on what you liked or didn't like about the program.
    Thanks.
    There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Re: Have You Ever

After reading your sig, im not going to give you advise. LOL

Never done it, i think the petty driving experience is the most popular though.

Comment

I did the Hot Laps in a Panoz GTM car around Road Atlanta.....And it was AWESOME.

Got up to 160 on the back stretch....It is also pretty reasonable.

I also got 15 laps driving a Legends car for my birthday a couple years ago....Also AWESOME.

Pretty much the best kind of gift.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Ive done both the drive and the Ride. A couple of years ago at the Goodguys show at lowes motor speedway my wife ask if I wanted to do it, I said " been there ,done that" . she said" fine , Im gonna go do it." So of couse we both went and had a ball, but my wuss driver wouldnt pass her. the sissy kept saying something about tires and hitting the wall trying.
        She has no problem reminding me of it !
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I did the Petty deal with my dad-in-law a few years ago on a vacation and it was a kick.

Big fun!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've done it three times: once with Rusty Wallace, another time with Mike Skinner, and a third with a no-name instructor.

It's nice to have been with some hero drivers, but if I had the choice, I'd take a REAL driving school or even open-track time in my own car long before I'd even walk across the street to do another ride-along.

Comment

going on a ride with rusty wallace would be a good one

Comment

I did the ride along at Pocono, and took the driving school as well. Taking the ride along before the school will help make you more comfortable at speed. The car I drove was limited to a little over 160 mph. I really enjoyed it, adn one day hope to get my wife into a class.

Comment

My dad and brother have done the ride along, and my brother drove at the Texas track. when the track had just opened I think the first year Good Guys used the grounds, my dad drove his own car on the track. I think it was the friday morning of the show when they do that , you pay x amount and run your junk.

He has a very cool photo of his '37 willys pro street going into one of the corners. he said he was running about 95-100mph. I told him he was crazy, doing that with the 3.5" wide Drag Stars on the car. he said the bank in the track did most of the steering anyway, so it was all good.

Charles

Comment

the Drive the track is free now, and is sat night . Sorry about the hi-jack.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Never done a ride along, but have piloted in what they call
                      "mechanic's races" at the local roundy tracks.
                      Some limited late model, and sportsman.

Comment

Drove my Mustang GT around Daytona back in 1987. 5 Laps of Wide Open Fun. One of my Old Buddies worked there for a few years and maintained the Track. He was setting up for the 24 Hr Race and he let me Run the Car when there was a Lull in the Setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
                          After reading your sig, im not going to give you advise. LOL

Never done it, i think the petty driving experience is the most popular though.
                          I just noticed your avatar.....you're the king
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Great input. Just what I was looking for. Thanks Guys..... 8)
                            There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Working...
                            X