Read'em and weep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Read'em and weep

Dude......Are you kidding me? The point is that it would be cool to get those cars at those prices....

You're just pissed because none of them have a Chrysler hemi....

Fixed it for ya. Boss 429 anyone?

Comment

The craziest deal I can remember is back probably 10-12 years a Daytona was for sale for $3500 :o

Comment

Corvette and Challenger here.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
          in 1971 dad bought 4 acres west of Tucson for $1500, sold it 5 years ago for 180k.

Go ahead, invent that time machine...

My dad and I bought 40 acres outside of Show Low for $23,000, one of our nieghbors sold his place about a year ago for $300,000. So ya I wouldn't mind jumping in that time machine and going back and buying a few more parcels. ;)

And I've been watching hot rods on craigslist and ebay, seems like there are a lot of them for sale, problem is a lot of the people still think that the are worth something. I'm on the hunt for of full tube chassis early 70's Vega, which I've seen a couple around in the 8-12,000 dollar range, I figure I'll wait another year when the economy is really in the dumps and pick one up for 5 or 6,000 dollars. I hate to say it but when the economy goes bad, old cars become worthless.

Comment

Maybe worthless is a bad word to describe.

But I hope I can get into something cool in the next couple years.
            Slightly cheaper anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
              in 1971 dad bought 4 acres west of Tucson for $1500, sold it 5 years ago for 180k.

Go ahead, invent that time machine...

If ol Monk can get into that time machine
              I'm not buyin real estate

I wanna try that puberty thing again......

Comment

I've heard my Dad say 200 bucks a week in the early 70's was good money around here. We had guys making 20 bucks an hour at an aluminum plant here in the early 70's,and they worked boat loads of overtime. Of course a lot of them had health problems too. The old money got jealous and worked to get the plant closed. My Dad never got on over there,but both my grandpa's and my mom's brother got on there.

Anyway,that ad was fascinating and sad at the same time.

Comment

I remember buying those cars at those prices. It was a very good time for me and my smarter friends around 1974 when the oil embargo hit. Most people were selling their gas guzzling Muscle Cars for CHEAP to guys like us that were smart enough to realize we did NOT need an economy car to drive 1/2 mile to work, and sometimes less to a friend or girlfriend's house. And, to go 30 miles to the beach? Not too expensive when all 4-5 occupants pitch in for gas ;D. I bought a clean 69 Z-28 for $550 from a guy that complained every time I pumped his gas.
                  Originally posted by Gary 351C
                  You could buy ALL of these cars for $31,195! I'll take the BOSS 9 and the '69 GT500 please!

STUGOTS

Comment

Okya try this: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

It will calculate inflation for you. $31,000 in 1974 would be $128996.23 in 2007.

Looking at the cars for sale in that ad -- that Valiant sure looks interesting. Not the fastest by any means, but very interesting just the same.

Comment

Dibb's on the valiant ;D
                      Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Working...
                      X