This one's foh Lohnes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's foh Lohnes!

Brian, I'm on your wavelength about winter! Especially when I can tear-ass around the woods in 11" of heavy wet Cape Cod white stuff!

The ole '47 CLARK!

Re: This one's foh Lohnes!

yup, as we Massholes pronounce it... CLAHHK!

60+ Years of straight six Chrysler flathead goodness... check the sweet fab skills on the alternator convert!

Thats correct folks! Korean war era NDTs, with chains :o Yes, they still hold air. Even with the cracks. And yes, in case you were wondering, that IS one-inch thick cast iron on the fenders... more accurately, it IS the fender!

Comment

Ok then. We need to drink beer and oogle that thing proper some time over the next two weeks.

Was that an airport tug or something at some time? The front plate looks badass...got the whole Jason Vorhees effect happening.

Man that is an awesome piece!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

We are pretty sure it WAS an airport tug... It really threw me for a loop one day a while back when I was watching a documentary on the Enola Gay... and something nearly identical to Ole Blue here was pulling out the Nagasaki A-bomb in some old footage. It's been repainted so many times, who knows it coulda had some olive drab on it at some point. Ole Gramps did get it at a surplus auction...

The front plate is KILLER. Small pine trees are toast under that thing, but we try to avoid that, as the branches tend to get caught in the flywheel... it's actually 3/8" steel. Weighs a BUNCH.

x2 on the beer! Might even have to take ya for a spin... if it snows, you may get to see our medieval snow removal technique.

Comment

Thats awesome, man if I had one of those there would be no spot of snow left untouched ;D
          Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Very cool!!! 8)
            LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Ok then. We need to drink beer and oogle that thing proper some time over the next two weeks.

Was that an airport tug or something at some time? The front plate looks badass...got the whole Jason Vorhees effect happening.

Man that is an awesome piece!

Brian
              That last name is Voorhees, exactly like mine.

Comment

nothing like a 94 csi alternator
                needs a lever for steering

Comment

Here's some info:

Comment

Working...
                  X