Too cold to work on car!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too cold to work on car!!

I know everyone is busy this time of year but I had a little time today to go out to the garage and do some work. 1 degree today and 20-30 mph wind sent me back inside. I can't wait for spring.

Re: Too cold to work on car!!

We got about 5" of snow.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I've found that if I leave the space heater going in the garage all night, it warms up to a toasty 54 degrees! :D
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

My garage is not insulated and I have a propane torpedo heater that today only would bring it up to about 20 degrees. Getting up to the mid to upper 30s this weekend. Hoping to get some work done this weekend.

Comment

It's currently 5 degrees out with 29 mph winds. I'd say its too cold to work on the car.

Comment

Yeah..........I'm off from traveling for the next two weeks
            and gonna throw some heat into the garage to take the radio out.

I gonna be taking the Nova out to my buddies garage after first of the year.
            He's got a wood furnace and it stays right at 70 degrees inside the shop.....shirt sleeve working temps.

Comment

I'm so jealous. I really need to insulate this thing.

Comment

Froze my ass off yanking the battery out of the Camaro today...brought it insde, put it on the charger for an hour.....tossed it back in, and fired right up.

Gotta keep in mind that the StreetFire box needs the juice....it would crank, but not fire initially...all good now.

Yeah, got my vote for too damn cold to be fooling with ANYTHING without a heated garage.

Comment

yeah.... we had a high of -1 today. Not going outside unless it is vital to my survival

Comment

Same here-it's Jack London cold out there.

Comment

I would have been out in the garage....but my LP tank is empty and it was too cold to go and get another....

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by nosbaby
                        yeah.... we had a high of -1 today. Not going outside unless it is vital to my survival
                        -1 << a balmy day..

Try coming up here and pulling a motor at the PNP yard on 1/2 price day when its -30F outside. Done it got the frostbite to prove it.

The upside here when its that cold its excellent weather to sandblast a complete body - so damm cold the sand blast can't heat the panel up causing it to wrap!

Comment

A cold weather garage tip from my Michigan days -
                          The aluminum foil covered foam board works great for insulation, and makes a HUGE difference, especially when used to make a ceiling. It just hammers up with those nails with a plastic circle on them to spread out the area. I taped the seams with that foil tape that you have to strip the backing off - almost can't tell there is a seam. I did my whole shop by myself in a day and it wasn't too pricey.

Funny thing - I'm not the only one to think of it. When I went to Seth's I found that his shop has the same treatment.

Dan

Originally posted by olbuddybob
                          My garage is not insulated and I have a propane torpedo heater that today only would bring it up to about 20 degrees. Getting up to the mid to upper 30s this weekend. Hoping to get some work done this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by olbuddybob
                            I know everyone is busy this time of year but I had a little time today to go out to the garage and do some work. 1 degree today and 20-30 mph wind sent me back inside. I can't wait for spring.
                            My cold weather sob story is in January of this year I swapped engines between my two Buick's in "Feels Like 1*F" weather in that 20mph wind. Burr, and I'm setting myself up to do it again this January, Doh! :'(
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I really needed to work on my youngest daughters truck the bed is falling of again, I put it off till monday afternoon by Christmas shopping w/the wife!

Comment

Working...
                              X