• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freiburger's Super Bee

AN lines for safety

Comment

I imagine it's hard to think about, where to start. It looks like it's gone through so many transformations through the years it would be tough to decide how to do it this time. Me personally? I'd take it back to 1983, that car was so "right", the stance, the wheel/tire combo and it was just so clean and beautiful.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Gary...I'm totally with you on that!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You've got the F-Bomb. That's your drag car. Put the Bee back on the street in some sort of trim that will let you drive it and have fun.

Ditch the A/N lines in favor of regular old boring hard lines.

Do an intake swap and a pair of Carters, Edelbrocks or Holleys (depending on what intake you go with. But it's gotta have two carbs).

Obviously, you need to get rid of the gear and spool. Find a used dif, buy a set of clutches and rebuild it, then a streetable gear.

New torque converter.

Keep the shifter until you find one you like.

Sounds like the oil pan is take care of.

Rebuild the brakes with the KISS method.

Get the Cal-tracks when you can, but you don't need them to get it on the road.

But hell, it's easy for me to preach... my 1.6 rocker arm swap on my wagon 5 years ago turned into a 12-point cage, leaf link suspension, 'glass front end and doors, and is stalled in my shop.

-Brad

How much are valve springs? If you have access to a spring checker, Dulcich used to collect valve springs by the shoebox full--you could probably spend half a day and match up a set. Or just buy new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
            Me personally? I'd take it back to 1983, that car was so "right", the stance, the wheel/tire combo and it was just so clean and beautiful.
            I agree.

Comment

Yep. I think it looked kinda perfect with the 200S Americans on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger

- The intake manifold sucks

Isn't it suppose to? ;D Sorry couldn't help it......

Comment

Protect it for now.. the time will come...

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                    Protect it for now.. the time will come...

K
                    X2
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

my uncle owns an interior shop and his other nephew owns the mopar farm near me i will ask him if they have the trim you want
                      if so just pay shiping
                      i have a dana 60 with 4:10's and a good locker taking up space {traded a 9 inch for it lol}it is out of a old cop car early 70's was told let me get more info and such

Comment

I'd actually like to take it back to the 1983 look. The minitub job and full rollcage sort of ruined that. I've been mildly hunting for some WIDE American 200S wheels. Anyone?

The pan has been JB Welded three or four times. It just needs a regular steel pan.

And what do you guys mean about a a spool not being streetable? Ever actually try it?

Thing is, I don't have $1.00 to put against any car any time soon, so Keith's suggestion wins.

Comment

ya i run a spool on the street had one in my coupe hated it {light lil car=push when turning}my 73 camaro love it }
                          as for the trim still asking {tis the season} if they have them they are yours
                          how wide of a 200s you need i have some looking for some too

Comment

Thanks for the help on the trim. It's the one that runs fore and aft from the A pillar down to the B pillar. The car is a hardtop.

As for the 200S wheels, some 12s would be great, but I bet I can't do better than 10s. Whatever the backspacing is, I'll adjust the rearend to match.

Comment

Working...
                            X