No announcement yet.

Any one here into home audio suff? Need some advice going from component stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one here into home audio suff? Need some advice going from component stereo

I am looking to switch over to surround sound and I am looking at the Harmon/Kardon AVR-254 Surround Receiver or the Yamaha RX-V663 and a pair of Klipsch book shelf speakers for the rear. Currently I have a no name DVD burner w/TV Tuner, GTP-500 Adcom Tuner/Preamp, GCD-575 Adcom CD Player, GFA-555 Adcom Power Amp, GFA-545 Adcom Power Amp, ACE-515 Adcom Line Conditioner, EQ-550 Yamaha Equalizer, KLF-10 Klipsch Loud Speakers and a pair of 15's in a custom sub box. Right now I have the mains going to the EQ then the 545 amp then to the 500 Tuner and the subs are going bridged mono to the 555 amp. If I get one of these receivers is the quality of the internal amp clear enough or is it better to loop out to my 545 amp and then back into the receiver then out to my mains or even out to the EQ then to the amp then back to the receiver. I think it will be nice having the video being switched via the receiver instead of my cheap DVD burner. Also, would I be bringing my cable from the wall directly into the reviver and change channels through it? Really not sure about the video part just know there has to be a better way than the way I am currently doing it.

Re: Any one here into home audio suff? Need some advice going from component stereo

I thought I might be able to help until I read what appear to be a bunch of SAT words. You're out of my league dude. :-X

Comment

Re: Any one here into home audio suff? Need some advice going from component stereo

Paging DieselGeek to the white courtesy phone in the lobby.....
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My bro has 1400watts of Carver, and Infinity RS3-b's.

Comment

Originally posted by Weldangrind
          I thought I might be able to help until I read what appear to be a bunch of SAT words. You're out of my league dude. :-X
          ditto that ;)
          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
            Originally posted by Weldangrind
            ditto that ;)
            He's talkin in tongues............ ;D

Now if you're needin some help hookin up a turntable.........I'm there

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Paging DieselGeek to the white courtesy phone in the lobby.....
              My response: the Adcoms are some of the best sounding Solid State preamps ever made.

The newer HK and Yamaha stuff, unfortunately, is really going to let you down.

Any way you can get just a standalone decoder, and more Adcom power to feed the rears? Also, my other opinion as an audiophile would be to ditch the EQ, but it really depends on your own ears. 50% of the listening experience, is not the equipment - it's the room where the equipment is being heard...

keep us posted, sounds like you have good equipment,
              -scott
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

My Dynaco (circa late 60s) recently developed a loud 60 hz hummmmm....time for some capacitors. These regular computer speakers aren't doing the job.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Seems the phone was Red Brian... but he found it anyway...

LOL

K

Comment

HA!

Heard an announcer I was working with mumble that line once and it stuck with me.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Dude im a sound guy and i like my stuff loud and clear, but that seems like a ton of stuff for a living room entertainment center.

It all depends on how much you want to spend. looks like your on the right track (do you really need an eq for the home though?) if you have to piece it together.

Also 2 15"s are more than enough....

Comment

Working...
                      X