Now THIS is Rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THIS is Rare

Being an AMC guy when you see something like this and it is right in your backyard you get a little antsy...this is a 1971 AMC Matador "Machine"...one of two known to be in existance...total production of this car is unknown...but lets just say rumors are less then 50...a true resto project hidden indoors for many years...it may be for sale soon...then I am going to have a serious delimna

Re: Now THIS is Rare

I noticed it has a 360 badge on the fender, Machine package Matador's I thought were 401 power. Fill me in with the details.

Comment

that fender has obviously been replaced, notice the trim holes don't line up!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

No...the "Machine Go Package" in 1971 didn't require the car to be a 401...the 360 "P" code engine could also be used...the most telling factor is the 4-speed...it was ONLY available with that package...yes the car has had a fender replaced...but overall for an Indiana car it is ultra solid

Comment

Hey Rebel
          If you have the book Amazing AMC Muscle ......go to page 108.
          The owner of the Matador is a good friend of mine and I saw that car up and personal.
          He supplied me with many AMC parts back then and we always would meet up in Kenosha
          at the meets.
          He later sold it and never heard nor seen it since.
          Would be a great project if you got it (does this mean The Machine is going)

Comment

I didn't even know that they had a Machine in '71.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              I didn't even know that they had a Machine in '71.
              The Machine continued as an option package only on the 1971 Matador
              two-door hardtop.......Amazing AMC Muscle

The didn't use any decals or emblems/graphics........it was bascially known as a Matador Machine.
              They looked pretty cool with that coffin nose.

Comment

Hye Monk...you are probably referring to Pat Wnek...here is the car after the guy he sold it to was done with it...it later sold on Ebay for 25K and now it sits in aprivate museum in Canada

Comment

Oh...and no my Machine won't be going anywhere...I would love to have the Matty Machine to compliment it...but my first love is my killer RWB monster

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A
                    Hye Monk...you are probably referring to Pat Wnek...here is the car after the guy he sold it to was done with it...it later sold on Ebay for 25K and now it sits in aprivate museum in Canada
                    Boy.....if memory serves me........I'm sure he didn't get anywhere near that price out of it.
                    Seems the guy who bought it from him didn't take to great a care for it......did someone ad the Machine hood, I don't remember it being on there when Pat had it.

Comment

The guy who bought it from Pat was a professional body man...he didn't give more then 3K for the car...but he spent almost 8 years working on it...he built it to his liking...adding some chrome..."Machine" scoop...and of course the color change...then he sold it right after it was finished

Comment

Looks like a nice car, i'd like to see more AMC's and Ramblers.

Comment

Sweet find, if it goes up 4-sale, I hope you get it...!!!!!

Rick

Comment

I hope to go look at it today...I could only hope to be able to swing it

Comment

GReat find, looks solid for the area, good luck!....BTW...your RWB Machine anint half bad either ;)....

Comment

Working...
                              X