Now THIS is Rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now THIS is Rare

Thanks...the Rebel is my baby...little 407 inch AMC motor making over 500 horses...plus it has another 200 of spray at the ready

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A
      I hope to go look at it today...I could only hope to be able to swing it
      Best of Luck....!!!!!

Rick

Comment

Didn't get the call yesterday to go see the car in person... :-[

Comment

There is a nice 67' vert on ebay right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A
            Thanks...the Rebel is my baby...little 407 inch AMC motor making over 500 horses...plus it has another 200 of spray at the ready
            Can we see some more detail photos? How quick?

Comment

Comment

The few events I made it to last year raised more questions then answers..tire spin...wheel hop...and issues with trying to make gear changes with this much car at 7000 RPM...most of the issues have been addressed or are being addressed...car ran a best of 13.10...LOL...of course that was completely missing third gear and pulling back into fourth...the car never got the spray either...so I have changed transmissions to a 2.64 low box and set aside the factory 2.23 low...also installed a Hurst Ramrod inline shifter in place of the factory Comp PLus...took the 4.44 geared AMC 20 rearend out and installed a Ford 9 inch with a spool and 4.56 gears...also installed Southside Lift Bars to eliminate the wheel hop...and last but certainly not least installed a Mallory VII box in place of the VI...this will give me launch RPM capabilities and retard for the nitrous...IT WILL BE THE FASTEST RWB MACHINE IN THE LAND hopefully around 11.70 on the motor...and who knows on the spray

Comment

Who asked for more details ;)

Comment

Our crazy leader, DF.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I knew that...LOL....I was just hoping somebody who has seen everything might have a comment on my ugly beast

Comment

Don't worry Rebel25A, he will get around to it

Comment

I know...Thanks

Comment

Beautiful car, Rebel! I bought a new Machine in 1970 (traded in a 442 convertible, DOH!). My wife hated the Machine because she couldn't see past the hood scoop. Like yours, it had bad wheelhop and I blew the rearend within 5000 miles. The rear was going out again and I traded it with only 8000 miles clocked.

Comment

My first time out with the slicks on was hilarious...I didn't have a line loc and after I did a clutch drop and spun the tires I staged...a well known AMC racer was behind me in the lanes...he said when I launched the back end of the car was literally bouncing off the ground several inches...after that event I bought a set of Southside lift bars and installed them...they basically replace the lower control arms and also change the pinion angle some...I never wheel hopped again...but I was still nervous about how much power I was putting into that small tube AMC 20 rearend...especially after talking to a buddy of mine who tweaked the tubes on the end and side loaded the Auburn Posi he had in the differential so bad it exploded...so I sold the AMC 20 with 4.44 gears, spool, and Moser axles and bought a bolt in 9 inch Ford with a spool and 4.56 gears...and it has Currie 35 spline axles in it...I think I could add another 200 horsepower and not hurt it....now the transmission!!!???

Comment

The origianl subject of this thread was the 1971 Matador Machine...one of 50 or so...it is no longer for sale...I have a planned meeting with him in the spring along with a local restoration guy to try to get the car back to its original glory...this will be a good thing for the current owner as we will help him get the parts and pieces together and get the car back road worthy so he won't harbor thoughts of selling it again...Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X