Now THIS is Rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now THIS is Rare

Didn't Mark Donohue drive one of these in NASCAR for Roger Penske back in 1971?

Comment

A very nice car!

Watch those SS arms/bars.

Notorious for frequently elongating the bolt-holes

& even ripping the brackets off on some cars. :o

How much did you have to cut up

the factory floor tranny tunnel

for the new shifter?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal
        Didn't Mark Donohue drive one of these in NASCAR for Roger Penske back in 1971?

http://www.geocities.com/mmbb444/Matador.html ---

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop
          A very nice car!

Watch those SS arms/bars.

Notorious for frequently elongating the bolt-holes

& even ripping the brackets off on some cars. :o

How much did you have to cut up

the factory floor tranny tunnel

for the new shifter?
          I had to trim the trans tunnel back towards the arm rest about 3/4 of an inch...the factory plastic "Hump" would still cover the hole...as for the Southside Bars we mounted on the 9 inch all the bracketry was fully welded and the control arm mounts are also fully welded...so I am hopin nothing ever gets hurt there...the front mounts of course are still factory on the frame so I think they would be weaker then the rear ones...hopefully my puny : 4500 RPM launches won't break anything out back

Comment

Hey Monk, How do you know Pat? I know this is off subject but I was curious. I've known him since the early 80's. Small world....

Comment

I know this is really off subject, but you guys are such hard core AMC lovers, only you might be able to tell me this. When I was 9 I got a gig testing a game for AMC. It was used to promote the Javelin. They also used the shots for artists to do the advertisement. I wanted to keep the game when we got done playing with it, but it was a prototype and they needed it. Does anyone know if there are any of these out there? Or maybe a copy of the add.
              Mike TPG

Comment

Uh...wow...that is probably bookoo rare...I've never seen one...I thought I had seen it all

Comment

I don't know if it ever came out. We were involved in a few experimental projects for the big three and were trying to find some examples. I never seen it on ebay.
                  Mike TPG

Comment

The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags is cool place to see some rare cars. This picture features two rare cars and a very rare car.
                    Mike TPG

Comment

Actually that picture has two ultra expensive cars...and a cheap buy musclecar...LOL...I know that Machine by the way...did he race...I would be surprised because it is more of a show car...no insult...as Machines go Big Bad Green ones are not seen much

Comment

He didn't run the car. I wanted to see it run, maybe in 2008. I'll have to post my AMC file one of these days. I've got a few nice shots of some sweet AMCs.
                        Mike TPG

Comment

Every one of these cars pictured looks badass.I like 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike The Photo Guy
                            He didn't run the car. I wanted to see it run, maybe in 2008. I'll have to post my AMC file one of these days. I've got a few nice shots of some sweet AMCs.
                            Mike TPG
                            I have seen your work...you ought to swing down to National Trails at the end of May and shoot at Great AMC Day...we rent the track on a friday and get alot of the heavy hitters in AMC land to show their stuff...and my slow ass Machine will be there :

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A
                              Actually that picture has two ultra expensive cars...and a cheap buy musclecar...
                              Rob, You couldn't have given that a better response...

Mike, I don't believe that game ever made it to production. To the best of my knowledge the only game available from AMC was the Javelin Trans-AM set...

Comment

I thought this was the Javelin Trans Am game. It might have been an early prototype. I tested a slot car set also. I wish I could find more info somewhere.
                                Mike TPG

Comment

Working...
                                X