Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Tire Brand?

I'm with Brad on the Toyos.
    I put a set on my Mustang Cobra when I had it and they were great.

Oddly, my favorite set of truck tires ever was a set of Firestone Steeltex jobbies. If you look on the web you'll see all kinds of bad crap about those tires with blowouts, failures, and the like, but I loved mine.

They were totally indestructible. I ran the truck on the drag strip with them, wheeled it off road, pounded them through ice, rocks, mud, you name it, and they never gave me a problem. Hell, a few times I was able to slog through stuff that my mud terrain equipped pals couldn't (although wheelspeed and a hot crate motor may have helped that too!)

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Oddly, my favorite set of truck tires ever was a set of Firestone Steeltex jobbies.
      He said Firestone :o

Brian you are a brave man. ;D

Comment

I don't have very much brand loyalty - with a serious handling car I'd try to find what the front runners at local autocrosses are using. My daily driver uses Falken tires, and the Dart currently has a set of Dunlop tires on it. Not even sure what is on the truck other than that it's long past its use by date...

Comment

I have been using Cooper's for quite about a decade on various cars, wife's car, my cougar, my truck, etc. Wear well, ride great. They are made in the USA.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

BFG's but I have goodyears on the Firebird right now

Comment

For the winter Veredestein or Nokians. Either the Wintracs or WR's... Saved me a few times in VT and just this past week with the snow here in NY.

Summer is either the Veredestein Ultracs or the Hancook Ventus RS2.

For the Burban, Toyo's

The wife's DD, Falken 912's. Very good all around tire for the money.

I'm going to need new tires for the Saturn... The Bridgestones that are on there now suck in the snow... Even when new...

I have been a fan of BFG's for a long time... The Gforce line has some great tires...

Would never buy a Goodyear tire... The RSA line has let me down on a multitude of cars...

Comment

being the shop i work at is also a tire dealer {not that it maters i buy what i can afford }
                i run bfg's on almost everything they last and wear nice ride decent etc...{stay away from controls plus {they suck wear wise} but for a daily driver michilen is the top tire they ride awsome wear nice take lil weight to balance but cost twice as much but head to head you can feel the dif.in driving and ride
                my tahoe has bfg all terrian k/o's and they are great{bufalo snow/every day driving all year} and we get about 45/55,000 with regular rotations
                falkens are a god cheap {not cheap les costly }tire too never had problems
                this year general interaduced the altimax KILLER TIRE cool tread great in snow and rain ride nice look sporty {mater to some lol}

Comment

nokians killer snow tire and they all season is great too {what ya thin coming from a country with more snow longer then the northeast lol

Comment

Good question. I usually get rid of my car when it needs tires ;D. But, years ago, I had more tread seperation issues with T/A radials than any other tire. So, I was using Remingtons a lot then. Now, there's Hurst Tire in Oregon that makes a ton of different "Cheater" slicks. Awesome stuff. I've had em on quite a few of my cars. So, they're my new favorite. Heavy pie-crust, light crust, fat whites, pinner whites, redline cheaters with crossed flags on the treads.......Check em out. Tasty stuff
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Don't like Goodrots , BFG are all right,.Have had the best of luck with the Stones (Bridge and Fire) . As a former tire manager for the Stones company, I've seen all do good and bad ,it's basiclly how you treat'em .
                      Also I've bought a set of Hurst cheater slicks pretty neat tires.

Rob
                      LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER !!!!!!

Comment

Whatever is on sale. That's my favorite.
                        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I need to be ready for any condition with my job, since I regularly drive from sea level to over 5000'. It rains like Seattle where I live, which means that it's snowing on the Coquihalla mountain pass.

In 20 years of this crap, I've never found a more stable and predictable tire than Michelin.

Comment

Working...
                          X