Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite part you like, or always put on a car when you get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite part you like, or always put on a car when you get it?

every stick box car I have ever owned has used the same shifter knob. It came out of my dads 65 GTO when he sold it to my Uncle. My Uncle gave it to me because I was so upset. Just a plain white(now yellow) hurst ball. Means more to me than most people will ever know.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
      every stick box car I have ever owned has used the same shifter knob. It came out of my dads 65 GTO when he sold it to my Uncle. My Uncle gave it to me because I was so upset. Just a plain white(now yellow) hurst ball. Means more to me than most people will ever know.
      i have my dads same deal means a ton to me and no one knows why thought i was weird
      thats cool
      and when they yellow they look kooler

Comment

That's cool LS7GTO!!

Comment

wheels, tires and lower it

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw57
            wheels, tires and lower it
            Exactly!! Plans are in the works for the Bug and the SHO that I picked up this fall.

cheers
            Ed N.
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Probably lube, oil, & filter. I pretty much do that no matter what. While it's up on the hoist I also look for anything obviously failing (ball joints, exhaust hangers, etc). Now that I've gotten sucked into LSR, any car that I'll race gets at least enough cage to let me run it. The 'Stang and Camaro are both caged as needed. From there, you can do about anything you can think of.

Dan

Comment

The last few cars has been that damn "monster tach" on the dash somewhere!
                I used to like tinted windows then it was illigal and now the cop cars are so dark you can't see nothing inside, so I guess its legal again in Indiana!
                Oh yea it used to be hotrod part stickers in the windows!!!

Comment

Fluid change, mechanical inspection, then detail the hell out of it...often the first time is the last time for me, but at least I know any dirt or junk in it is mine.

Next is wheels and tires. The 73 to 87 Chevy truck body style needs to have a wheel no smaller than 8" under it... The 8" truck rallye with rings and caps look very fine, but so do the $100 M/T aluminum wheels like I have on my Blazer. For a 2wd truck, I like the 255/70/15 on the 8" rims.

Comment

Working...
                  X