• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Kia Spectra LSR

Trying to get pic's to download.
    I hope this works.

Re: 2005 Kia Spectra LSR

This car totally rocks.... and this guy gets Land speed racing...

Sure a KIA might not be your first choice... and it wasn't his... but here it is... and he's been racing his heart out for a couple of years with it...

Keith

Comment

One of the coolest things about Land Speed Racing - The variety of cars and the work that goes into them. This just goes to show you that you can run just about anything.

Comment

Great looking KIA, they have a class for just about everything at Maxton, the layback atmosphere and the people is what makes LSR such a great event. I'm a newbie at it and counting the days until the next event April 5 & 6.

Comment

I like it. How fast has it gone so far?

Comment

I never thought id be saying this..

Neat kia! :o

Comment

Very cool race car

Comment

Originally posted by SleeperT-Bird87
                I never thought id be saying this..

Neat kia! :o
                +1

Bill

Comment

The Kia has Ran 116.898 MPH at Maxton, and that is all motor. It picked up 12 MPH this past year. The only Mods on the Motor are a Cold Air Intake with Ram Air and a Header, other Mods are Ground Effects and a Two inch lowering. We have been busy since our last outting in October, trying to get a cage into it and a few other mods. Looking at running in the Altered Class in April. G/GALT, G/FALT. I have been looking for a Doner Engine for the Car and making it rear wheel drive maybe something in the C CLass would get the job done.

Currently it still has a Factory Warranty. My understanding is "If it blows up we push it out to the Interstate". I think Keith said that. Sometimes he says some Cool Stuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blu65ramb
                    Great looking KIA, they have a class for just about everything at Maxton, the layback atmosphere and the people is what makes LSR such a great event. I'm a newbie at it and counting the days until the next event April 5 & 6.
                    Absolutely! It is what what I like most about LSR! ;D See you in April!

Comment

That is just awesome... I like different!

Comment

Randy's DEFINITELY different. Oh, and the car, too. Mrs. Randy is a bit of OK, although you can question her taste in men. It's been fun watching him hone the setup, inching it up every meet. 116 out of an essentially stock Kia is doin' something!

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, I agree I lucked out on the Woman, My choice of a Women was better than the choice in car this time around.

I've been looking for another one. Car that is!!! or at least an upgrade in the powerplant. Cant wait to get to Maxton again... It's going to be a great year.

Comment

Working...
                          X