OK, someone tell me about Orange Julius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK, someone tell me about Orange Julius

Keith, I feel bad for you. There is an orange Julius right by my parents house. It just opened. We will get one

Comment

And isn't it Hemi orange. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by krusty
        Really? I thought I remembered it in NYC (late 50's, early 60's) as a storefront-type chain. (I remember the Horn and Hart cafeteria, where you put the money in the slot and opened the door to get your selection, too). Damn, I'm old vic

I know what you are talking about with the cafeteria they were called vendomat's but I dont ever remeber Orange julius.
        Maybe someday ...just maybe. The closest White Castle to where I live is 50 miles away, that's bad enough.

Comment

As I recall it had something to do with the fact that the Chrysler Hemi has legendary status and if one went to a mall with a clipboard and started to ask mainstream people like soccer-moms and MILFs even they would know what a Hemi engine is. Man, that Hemi changed the world, even the kid behind the counter at OJ knows what it is.

Comment

How awesome would it be if OJ sponsored the site

Comment

If they were our Sponsor...

Maybe we could get a secret de-coder ring to gain access to a BIG discount at the counter... like buy one OJ for regular price and get the second one at say Retail...

Hmmm

K

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
                Groucho, there was a thread one evening with prominent posting by a guy who was interesting but kinda starting to piss everyone off. Some social issues, perhaps... Anyhow partway into it someone tells him to go to the mall and get an Orange Julius---I guess to cool off or something---and this being about the time of evening where likely a few beers had been consumed it became a total hijack/gigglefest about Orange Julius, it was pretty funny. That's only my recollection, I didn't post in it and can't find it now.

So now it's kind-of a private joke, and refers in part to it being time for a "hi-jack".
                Thanks. I was hoping SOMEBODY would clear that up
                STUGOTS

Comment

Just about every forum has a "theme" for that time in a thread when it just needs to die, or a noob has jumped in and started irritating everyone in an attempt to jack up their post count, or the topic has just gotten stupid and a hijack is necessary. On Corner-Carvers they start talking about seabass recipes, here the Orange Julius. It was truly a signature moment in Freburger land.

Bob

Comment

Has anyone noticed that everyone is using the same M/T type five spoke front runners lately?

Comment

I'm not......
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Passed me by too.

Comment

Re: Forget the frickin' Orange Julius, gimme a Chocolate malt....

Bah. Hi jack or not...I'll pass on the OJ.
                          I prefer:
                          Homemade-type Chocolate ice cream-5 big scoops

Malted milk-eh, no idea on amount. Two cap fulls works for me.

Hersey's Syrup-yet again, no exact amount. I keep pouring until I think there is enough. Probably around 10-15 tablespoons.

Whole or 2% chocolate milk. This is left open, dependent on if one wants a concrete brick or a slushy mix. I go for a happy medium.

Shove it into a blender, A REAL bleander, made strong enough to mulch a 3" tree branch. Or use one of those Braun hand blenders.

If I wanted something orange...I'll go buy some orange sherbert, cream, whole milk, some OJ, and a half a pound of sugar.
                          {I figure I am going to die anyways, so I will die happy. ;D}

Andrew
                          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                          X