Captn. Morgan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captn. Morgan

A fellow freak, 4difide, shared one of his drinks with me on a past HRPT and he said it was Capt. Morgan and Coke. I'm not a drinker so I know very little about alcoholic beverages. I went to buy some Capt. Morgan at the liquor store and was surprised by the many varieties of the rum available by that name. Is one just as good as the other? Normally, I would go by cost but I really would like to get something good because it'll be sitting on my shelves probably a long time.
    2006 HRPT LH
    2007 HRPT LH
    2011 Valdosta Stop

Re: Captn. Morgan

Capt Morgan spice rum, The Capt private stock is good but more expensive
    Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming Detroit
      Capt Morgan spice rum, The Capt private stock is good but more expensive
      This is the original Captain Morgan and it is very yummy. Enjoy.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

And you don't have to do that little 'pose'....... :D
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Capt. Morgan Private Stock does evil things to my digestive system.

In moderation, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
            Capt. Morgan Private Stock does evil things to my digestive system.

In moderation, good stuff.
            Go get yourself some Captain Morgan 100 proof, that'll do some evil!!!

Comment

Look at the choices:

Black Label - A dark rum from Jamaica. 80 proof

Original Spiced - Mellow aged and enhanced with fruit flavors, spices, and a hint of vanilla. 70 proof

Parrot Bay - White rum with varieties including coconut, mango, pineapple, passion fruit and key lime. 42 proof (formerly 48)

Private Stock - Rich, dark and full-bodied, blends hints of island spices with a smooth texture. 80 proof

Silver Spiced - Aged in oak barrels for over a year, with a smooth taste and a well-rounded, vanilla character. 70 proof

Tattoo - An extra-dark rum with fruit flavors described as berry or citrus, introduced to compete with J?germeister for marketshare. 70 proof

100 Proof - The most recent addition to the Captain Morgan family boasting the highest alcoholic content of the Captain Morgan line of drinks. To quote the Captain Morgan website "Great with cola or great as a shot. Either way, just plain great". Closest relation is Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, but with an added kick. 100 proof

Hmm. Too many choices. I would like to get those tiny bottles and get one of each. ;D
              2006 HRPT LH
              2007 HRPT LH
              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Try it with orange juice. Mmmm! Tastes like a Creamsicle.

Comment

Maybe it should be served with Orange Julius? I'm not a drinker - just a thought.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                    Maybe it should be served with Orange Julius? I'm not a drinker - just a thought.

Dan
                    I think Dan is on to something here.... ;D

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Yup... regular Captain Morgan spiced rum with Coke is good.

If you're not much of a drinker, Jim Beam and Coke (or diet coke) is also very good. I don't drink a lot, my wife sticks to a glass of red wine or two a night, and my mother-in-law never touches the stuff, but we all enjoy Jim Beam and Coke. I've tried other bourbons, and none seem to be as smooth or taste as good.

-Brad

Comment

Is good with Verners also (Ginger Ale). The orginal Spiced Rum is our favorite. We usually drink it diet coke and an olive.

Donna
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Captain Morgan is good, but I really like the Sailor Jerry spiced rum, it has a hint of cherry /vanilla flavor, and is really nice with coke, add a bit of fresh lime juice, and it gets even better.

Comment

If you can drink Vernor's without choking on the first swallow - you just might be from Michigan. No matter what you put in it. (I was, originally).

Dan

Originally posted by redragtop
                            Is good with Verners also (Ginger Ale). The orginal Spiced Rum is our favorite. We usually drink it diet coke and an olive.

Donna

Comment

lol -- can you even get Vernors outside of Michigan?

Comment

Working...
                              X