24 Hours of Lemons Thunderhill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 Hours of Lemons Thunderhill

Well, another 24 hours of lemons race in the books. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend this time (I would have had to leave on Christmas day for the race, and the wife wasn't having it). The team I was driving with last time (we didn't finish the last race... clutch exploded) ended up finishing this one in 32nd place, out of 100 or so cars - which is amazingly better than the last race. At least we finished this one!

Link to pics:

Re: 24 Hours of Lemons Thunderhill

Okay, I'll bite - wth is the petrographs on the side of that 'burb?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Those are all different road courses.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneshrink
        Okay, I'll bite - wth is the petrographs on the side of that 'burb?

Looks to me like the layout of some road coarse race tracks. Not sure which ones though. Anyone?

Comment

I went up to the race with my oldest boy (4) and my brother and dad. Have read about this deal a bunch and have had friends even run in the race a few years back, but it was my first time going on my own accord and I gotta say it was really cool. I was on sensory overload watching cars run that shouldn't be allowed out of a junk yard the smells on the front stretch that you just don't normally associate with race cars, even got to see a car burst into flames in just shy of the pit road turn off. We got up there just in time to also see the peoples curse car get destroyed. All in all it was way cool and something I will have to seriously look into in the next couple of years.

Comment

Working...
          X