• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Vehicles?

Knowing that true Car-Junkies love all vehicles,

how many on this forum have ever owned or

worked on, or hope to own any military vehicles

from a WW2-Harley/Indian motorcycle, to a

Jeep or even to an armored/tracked vehicle?

Stories? Pics? ---- TIA! ---

Re: Military Vehicles?

I've worked on Hemmets, humvees, cucvs, deuces, LMTV, and a whole slew of other crap, but never tracks. My favorite is the M35 though as far M series vehicle go, but do have an affinity for humvees. I miss being able to drive without doors, lol. My favorite non M series truck , though, is the ford superduties. The Chevy half tons are nice, too, but not for any series work.

Comment

I've never worked on one. I've ridden in a few and look at them everyday.
      I've ridden the older BMW motorcycles and have always toyed with the thought of buying a Ural. Not a true Military vehicle, but based off of the old BMWs.

Comment

my brother paul (purplecobra) has a lil obsession with some old military stuff

he has owned a few willys jeeps and things of that nature, hell even a 2.5T truck at one point. I think he wants to own a deuce with tracks before its done haha.

Comment

I did a little bit of work on a couple GPWs, and there's a M38 body in my shed that isn't mine...but mostly I dig that song "I can't drive 55" and they just go too slow!
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I have a '43 GPW and a '45 MB (the latter of which I've never seen in person). I had a great M715 once that I wish I'd never gotten rid of, though I admit I don't know what I would do with one if I still had it. But that's OK, because I am (super slowly) helping a friend get one running. We dug it out of a riverbed a little over a year and a half ago.

Comment

I'd really like to have a WWII Harley.

A couple years ago I worked on a prototype vehicle for the military. It was based on a 1 ton Ford truck chassis. It had a lot of good ideas that would make it a big improvement over the Hummer. I'm not sure what happened to it. I know they took it to Washington to show it off.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

This is a great time to pick up an old CUCV(a chevy pickup) or an old M35 right now at DRMO as the Army is getting rid of a lot of old stuff. The DRMO at Ft. Carson is filled with cherry M35s from the guard. Amazing condition.

Comment

A lot of old sergeants really dug the M880. It is an old dodge with W250 with a 318, perfect truck.

Comment

Seen all, driven most, none really impress me driving-wise. I am partial to the LMTV/MTV family...moves great, shame we had to copy a Styer
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

There's a dealer that buts at my auction, he's got an old Duece and a half that he shortened, removing the rear axle, and fixed up nice. I'll get some pic's fpr y'all.

I was a 63b in the Gaurd, so I worked on everything from 5 tons and Hemmets on down. 119th A-BTTY is now a MLRS unit so, things have changed slightly.

Comment

Working...
                      X