• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Enjoying...I Came Across...

While Enjoying A

I came accross pictures from the prettiest building in the ugliest city

The Buffalo Central Train Terminal, Late 30's Art Decco Style

The rest of the picture can be seen here, with some other descriptions
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Re: While Enjoying...I Came Across...

that is cool
    terry

Comment

Cool, except that it's in the middle of a ghetto on the east side of Buffalo! There's a movement to restore it to it's former glory. Not sure that's a good move considering the neighborhood. They hold a few events there a couple of times per year including a Halloween Party the local radio station sponsors. The associated car break-ins/thefts go along with it.

Comment

yeah, but it sure is pretty in there. its too bad it had to turn into that, alog with all the rest of the city. My dad grew up 2 blocks from there. His dad work for the Williams tool company

Comment

I went to a Funeral Mass near the Terminal at I think it was St. Stanislaus Church. During the mass, a guys car was broken into in the church parking lot.

It is a shame about the neighborhood. My parents grew up near there and it's nothing like it was!

Comment

Funny my dad went to the elementary school that is now the parking lot of the church.

Comment

Great building, though. There was a movement afoot to restore the old station in Detroit - roughly across the street from old Tiger Stadium on Michigan Ave. Don't know what happened to that initiative. Like Buffalo, the neighborhood had gone totally to crap.

Thanks for posting the pics - cool shots.

Dan

Comment

yeah it really is mind blowing how big it is. The ceilings must be 50ft in there its incredible that people would actually go in there and use the place for target practice. There's bullet holes in the walls, spray paint everywhere. Being so big it was used for shelfter for homeless people and excessive recreational drug use. Damn shame, guess it goes with the rest of the neighborhood

Comment

I dig old buildings lilke that..thanks for sharing.......now, sadly, I am craving an orange julius

Comment

They just opened an orange julius between my parents house and my house. It was the grand opening... It was JULIUSERIFIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X