I don't follow NASCAR too closely these days, but this is still sad news:

Comments??

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Re: End of an era in NASCAR

Sad but not surprised. How long have they been holding on by their fingernails? A decade or so? I'm surprised the Wood Brothers are still at it (My all-time favorite team by the way). Who's next?
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

This is truly sad. I hope they see fit to retire the #43.

Comment

N
        ascar can survive but not with the current business model that Brain France is so dedicated to. Does it really need to require 25 million to run a NASCAR team? Does it really need to travel to 36 races every season? There are a lot of things that can be done to this series to make it great again.

Comment

I doubt that NACAR will "retire" the #43, but it won't be used without both Richard's and NASCAR's joint approval. They haven't retired the #3, either. The downfall of PE has been coming for a while; they have never had, nor were they willing to spend, the $$$ to compete at the front in the last 8 years or so. I just hope that Richard got his $$ in the Boston Ventures buyout. Like the ongoing investment bank failures and mergers, this failure is a result of bad management and the current economy. I'm happy that I got to know The King in the garage and got to hang out with Dale Inman on the spotters' stand. vic
          vic NASCARland

Comment

I still agree with an editorial that someone wrote in HR (Freiburger or Kinnan maybe?) a while back. Wouldn't it be neat if NASCAR actually used the production car in the races? Make the teams run the FWD Impala or FWD Fusion......or heaven forbid the manufactures actually design a RWD performance platform to use. With the addition of the 'car of tommorow' there isn't much that identifies the different brands of cars from one another except some paint and stickers. Not much "stock car" about it anymore!

Comment

mustangs,camaros and challengers...could that be Nascar : ?win on sunday...sell on monday.... ;D

naw,thats too simple... :

IMHO,a Major Overhaul needs to be done....

alan
              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Thats what happens when you race and stay static, it passes you by, they had everything, and thought it would bend to them, thats whats great about racing, it does not care what you did yesterday, its all about next week.

You cant hide behind a fake record and sunglasses forever, and have a driver that is just doing what he does because is the family thing to do.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Whatever, it sucks that it is hppening to everyone.

Comment

That is sad & bad.I was a petty fan until 76.Went To the shop at Randelman a few times as a kid at the state fair the 1st thing I would find would be their display.
                    Just a darn shame.
                    terry

Comment

they should have stayed with pontiac or went with ford , when they ran pontiacs , the cars would run up front , when GM removed pontiac from racing , they could have switched to chev
                      I believe Kyle Petty didn't want to switch to unproven , low fundage chrysler - the king got all sentimental for chrysler
                      it was not the same company that tom hoover ,dick maxwell and larry rathgeb supplied top notch race cars from
                      this was the smoke and mirrors of daimler frauds , using the taurus body and chevy heads on the 340A , nascar looked the other way on stroker motors and traction control , but when chrysler could not deliver the revenue to nascar
                      they were not going anywhere
                      I guess kyle will do tv , he is a great tv guy , and unlike the DW jaws juggernaut , k petty brings the honest humility of a guy who lost a son to racing and maybe never quite lived up to unfair high expectations , there is only one king

Comment

Ever here of Raymond Beetle and the Blue Max? just like him they sucked all the cash out of the cow, and did not reinvest in the team dont worry they will be just fine.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

They should limit the amount spent on a Nascar to $50,000 for each car and put salary caps on the employees. It's time to let the little guys back into the action.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                            They should limit the amount spent on a Nascar to $50,000 for each car and put salary caps on the employees. It's time to let the little guys back into the action.
                            Seriously dude-you really should immigrate to Cuba. :

Comment

I hear they have some good surfing. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X