I'm not crazy about Mopars, or brown cars...........BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not crazy about Mopars, or brown cars...........BUT

I fell in love with this little jewel the second it rolled into my shop! The color, stance(seems a hair lower than stock), wheels, stripes, hood...........
    It was just refreshing to see an off the beaten path color with all the accents this car has. Just yummy. Then, after working on it, I drove it. NICE CAR! I remember these things being a LOT looser than what this car is. If I had any more money left after buying my 32, I think I'd buy it. It's a 340/Auto, which, if I remember correctly, Chrysler lowered the compression in 70 and raised it back in 71(this is a 71). Anyway, thinking of going into hock a bit, whadda ya think this thing's worth?

STUGOTS

Re: I'm not crazy about Mopars, or brown cars...........BUT

i like it your right the color is kool as you don't see them lik ethat that color
    my uncle is a mopar guy will have to show him make him droool lol
    i do hate that wing though just looked after thought to me my uncles r/t has it and i pick on him for it lol

Comment

If its the real deal buy it.
      NICE
      terry

Comment

Cool... 8)
        How come you always seem to have cool rides just rolling into your shop ;)
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
          Cool... 8)
          How come you always seem to have cool rides just rolling into your shop ;)
          Fortunately, I've earned a reasonable reputation. I don't gouge anyone, and I get stuff done. I don't take jobs on, unless I plan on working on it. Not store it ;D. Too many people take in work that they have no time for, and it just sits, gets banged up, and the customer leaves pissed off. This thing came in Saturday morning. I picked up my Deuce that afternoon, and went to Compton street races on Sunday. Monday, I tore the Challenger apart, finding a blown head gskt between the cylinder and the lifter valley. Yesterday I cleaned, painted parts, and reassembled. Today, fired and tuned it after letting my sealants cure overnight. Test drove it and washed it. Ready to deliver.
          STUGOTS

Comment

Groucho, you are a good man. That is one of the reason's I've done almost everything on my Camaro myself. Because usually it's hard to find someone that is a man of there word. The only thing I didn't do on my car was the tubbing, caging, installing the ladderbars and shorting the rear end(9 inch). I first took the car to this guy that my buddy told me about, all the car did was sit in his garage and after 9 months all he did was take the car apart and cut stuff out of it that I didn't want cut out. > The final straw was when he told me he was going to cut the floor out behind the front seats. I told him I didn't want it done that way and he tells me it's the only way he can do it.(I wanted to keep the stock flooring in the car) Anyway I went to his house and got my car back, and took it to this local guy that build pro stock chassis, he told me it'd be a month before he'd be able to get to it, and then it'd take a couple of months to do. And as a man of his word it was done when he said it was going to be done. And I really can't complain about the price as I only paid $2500 for the labor(I supplied the parts) to make the car a full frame car with a cage, tubbing it, and build a complete 9 inch with ladderbars.

Anyway man you just remind me of the guy that did the tub and cage work on my car.

Comment

I didn't know you worked on cars for customers. Sounds like the right way to do the work indeed.
              Originally posted by groucho
              Too many people take in work that they have no time for,
              That's kinda why I don't want to do jobs for others too much. I know how long my own projects take to get done usually, I wouldn't want that to take even longer because I'm doing work for others.
              I earn my money during weekdays in a printshop and tinker with my cars in the evenings and weekends.
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                I didn't know you worked on cars for customers. Sounds like the right way to do the work indeed.
                Originally posted by groucho
                Yes, I work on cars for a living. I started Groucho's Performance around 1992 in a little place in Sun Valley, and never advertised. I pretty much work on any pre 70ish American car. Preferably special interest stuff. Muscle Cars, Hot Rods................But, at this stage of the game, it's pretty much ALL special interst in one way or another from that era
                STUGOTS

Comment

didn't send the heads out ?

Comment

Nice car! I think you could paint a '70-'74 Challenger olive drab and it would still look cool. I'm not crazy about that spoiler either, if I was going to have one, I'd prefer the T/A spoiler.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

there was an olive gold back then .......
                      didn't know they made a small block rt car

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        didn't send the heads out ?
                        No, the guy just wanted the one head removed that had the dead hole (blown head gskt) and fixed. I would've done the same if it was my car. I vacuum checked the valves, and straight edged the 2 surfaces. It runs perfect
                        STUGOTS

Comment

That little 340 was a great engine.

Comment

It's supposedly documented and fairly rare
                            STUGOTS

Comment

my college roomate had 340s -fun cars to put headers in

Comment

Working...
                              X