I'm not crazy about Mopars, or brown cars...........BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm not crazy about Mopars, or brown cars...........BUT

Might be an A66-Challenger 340 performance package. Pull the back seat and see if the build sheet is still there. You'll need more info than the fender tag to figure out what it really is. I also wonder if that car had a second fender tag at one time-high option cars often had two.

Regardless, it's a 340 car-it's a factory performance car.

Comment

IMO the real "sin" on that car is the bogus tires, to take the time to restore something then slap a set of off-brand Pep Boys tires is just plain wrong in my view. The "Go-Wing" isn't so bad a sin if the car never had one, at least one could pretend (or at least suggest) it was added on at the time of sale from parts dept. I've seen several Mr. Norm cars with all kinds of add ons, verified with original invoices, including a real 71 Hemi Challenger with factory Shaker (very rare because of a factory parts delay) where the Shaker assembly was replaced by a one-piece aftermarket "six pack" hood, not a T/A style but rather a flat hood with '69 B-body type scoop molded in. Back then nobody seemed to worry about rarity details!

Comment

Originally posted by MOPARS RULE
        IMO the real "sin" on that car is the bogus tires, to take the time to restore something then slap a set of off-brand Pep Boys tires is just plain wrong in my view. The "Go-Wing" isn't so bad a sin if the car never had one, at least one could pretend (or at least suggest) it was added on at the time of sale from parts dept. I've seen several Mr. Norm cars with all kinds of add ons, verified with original invoices, including a real 71 Hemi Challenger with factory Shaker (very rare because of a factory parts delay) where the Shaker assembly was replaced by a one-piece aftermarket "six pack" hood, not a T/A style but rather a flat hood with '69 B-body type scoop molded in. Back then nobody seemed to worry about rarity details!
        The tires are too easy a "fix" to worry about. I like the Go-wing. It's those doo-dads that really added a dimension to that era of American cars
        STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
          Originally posted by MOPARS RULE
          The tires are too easy a "fix" to worry about. I like the Go-wing. It's those doo-dads that really added a dimension to that era of American cars
          Right on dude.

Comment

Damn Groucho, Im glad your back here, this was a great read, with or without you buying it!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I'm not claiming to be an authority.

If it were me buying it, I'd like it MORE as a non-R/T real 340 car. But I'd want all the stickers and wings off of it.

Comment

x2 on the wing. I never liked them,even if it was original.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

nahhh Groucho... you ain't been jacked till ya get into the Orange Julius...

Interesting comment about the car catching your eye... ...and funny how somethings just do that... we have a kid with a perfect VW Convert in it's original patina that simply works, and I just love looking at the car..... .

Keith

Comment

Working...
                  X