Barn Find Bugatti Type 57S Atalante

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barn Find Bugatti Type 57S Atalante

It would be at home here, http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/en/schlumpf/773-picture_library/

Comment

To be honest, anything pre-1950 doesn't interest me too much. But, damn, that's still one helluva find.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

[quote=KeithTurk ]
        Cantvalve.... your Young aren't you... LOL...

I'm 27, Keith. Don't get me wrong, I can get on the train that sees the technology and even appreciates the style. But, it just does nothing for me. Probably the biggest gouge in the eyes for me is the covered rear wheels on a sports(?) car. I just can't feel that. Ya know?

Cool story. Too bad money is such a huge thing that it gets in the way of passing that on to someone in the family that will try to appreciate what the uncle got so revved over that car about. An abstract character like that uncle probably wasn't know very well and a relative might get closer to understanding him by holding something that he held dear.

Wow. That got pretty sentimental and sappy huh? Sorry, just pluggin' in to what changes people. Carry on.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Slam it, tubb it, drop a 383 stroker in it and make it a $3500.00 car. We don't need no history!

Comment

Originally posted by MOPARS RULE
            Slam it, tubb it, drop a 383 stroker in it and make it a $3500.00 car. We don't need no history!
            ;D ;D

I hope jay gets it, he'll just clean it up, get it running, and drive it as a survivor. At least we'll be able to see it on his website.

I have seen one in person, just incredibly beautiful.

Comment

"I hope jay gets it, he'll just clean it up, get it running, and drive it as a survivor."

I wonder if he has people looking out for vehicles worth buying.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                Cantvalve.... your Young aren't you... LOL...

Man is that a story... I don't have an Uncle... Bummer...

That car defines COOL... and if your a guy like Leno who makes 30+million a year... why not own something like that...

( Leno will never spend what he's made ... let alone the interest on what he's made )

Just my thoughts... Cars like this define era's... Cable's Duesenburg ... so on and so forth...

K
                You've hit the nail on the head. I agree.

Comment

Art-Deco influence on the design is unmistakeable...lots of curves, and the dash is a work of art.

130 on those spindly-looking spoke wheels?

No thanks....LOL...but one hell of a find.

Thanks for bringing this one to our attention, Malc.

Comment

Working...
                  X