New best ET and MPH for Coronet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New best ET and MPH for Coronet

The wife,son,and I went to the Santa Claus Shootout at Hub City Dragway in Hattiesburg,Ms. yesterday. I had installed Cal Trac monoleafs, bars and shocks, went from 3.91 to a 4.10, and an MSD launch control wired into the brake light switch,( this IS a street car and has no trans brake!). First shakedown pass I had it set on 3400 rpm and had a 1.51 60ft. Second pass I set it on 3200 and it came down to a 1.50. Third and final pass I set it on 2800 to flash the convertor more and it had a 1.46 60ft. 6.68 1/8th and a 10.54 @ 126 mph. That is with 3 inch full exhaust, MT 275 drag radials, full interior, and NO POWER ADDERS @ 3720 LBS. Maybe once I get the nitrous and controller on it I can qualify in the bottom half at the PGD '08 event! ;D ;D

Re: New best ET and MPH for Coronet

Man, that's awesome. What was your best before those mods? What's the engine combo?

Comment

400 block, with a 4.15 stroke and .040 over. Comp .660 roller, Indy 295 lil ez heads, Harland Sharp roller rockers, 9375 dominator,MSD 7al2 with race coil,Mopar electronic distributor and wires, 4200 convertor, Hooker Super comp headers, TTi 3inch exhaust with x-pipe,Turbo Action Valve body and shifter. Braced 8 3/4. Mallory 250 fuel pump.

Comment

Neat car.You need to go to DragWeek with that sweet ride!

Comment

cool car and great times. can't wait to hear what it does one you get some more seat time on the new set up

Comment

Sounds like a nice ride, to me, have FUN.

Comment

Very nice #'s. Congrats on the new best. ;) Got any pics of the car ? Ron

Comment

Any ?? i was going to ask have already been answered so ill just say congrat's , thumb's up.

Comment

Here are a couple of pics.

Comment

nice car! awesome time, especially for the weight! :o

Comment

Very nice car. ;) Thanks for the pics. Ron

Comment

Where do they let you run wit no rollbar?

Comment

Gulfport Dragway during Cruising the Coast, I got to make 1 pass, the 10.91@122 they kicked me out.... first pass after I got the fuel problem resolved.
                          Hub City Dragway at the Santa Claus Shootout, I made two 8th mile passes to make sure the Cal Tracs were adjusted, then I made the 10.54 pass. I have over 700 street miles on it since Mopar Nats in August, it started out as a fast street car build. I was hoping for 11.30 or 11.20 but it has done the snowball thing. Since I am trying to get into the PGD 08 deal the roll cage is next. I did not want a cage in it for everyday street driving but now that it is faster than I planned the cage is next with some light weight bucket seats.

Comment

nice pictures of the engine compartment ..

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments guys. The pics make it look better than it does in person, but I am working on that too!

Comment

Working...
                              X