Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of my Dad's '67 Chevelle SS and '73 Nova SS when new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my Dad's '67 Chevelle SS and '73 Nova SS when new!

I've been meaning to share these for with ya'll for a while. The first pic is my Dad's '67 Chevelle SS at my grandparent's house when the car was brand new. The car was a 325 horse 396 with a 4 speed and posi-rear. The car is painted the beautiful and somewhat rare color Royal Plum that was only offered in '67.

The original hubcaps are still in the barn at my Dad's parent's place. The house in the pic is still there,but my grandparents are gone now. The barn is still standing,but it's not in good shape. It's sad because time has stood still there. It looks the same there as in the pic. I wish we could do one of those pics where someone recreates the same shot 40 years later or whatever with the same car,but oh well. My mom got the pic a little crooked when she scanned it.

The 2nd pic is the car with chrome wheels in front of the first house we lived in! My Dad still has these wheels,but they're rusted up. This pic is incredible in person,and I wish it had scanned better. I came home from the hospital in this car! My parents still live in the same place,but they moved this house and built the one they now live in in 1977.

I can't remember anything about the Chevelle. In 1972, the car came out of gear and rolled down an embankment at a local shopping center. It was bent beyond repair,so it had to be totalled. Like I said,I was only 3 when that happened so I don't remember the car very much. I do know people say it was a really pretty car!

To replace the Chevelle,my Dad bought this '73 Nova SS. I remember this car well! It was a 350 4-barrel with a posi and 4 speed and no A/C. I loved this car,and my Mom and I cried when Dad sold it to get a new '80 GMC stepside which he still has. This car actually ran pretty good for what it was! I remember Dad racing it at the Prescott,Arkansas airport which was a precursor to the Prescott Dragway . That track opened in '78 and is still open to this day.

The 2nd pic is me washing the Nova! Dad didn't like the SS stripe,so he tried to peel it off. It took the paint off,and the car had primer spots on the side until he sold it. Yes I know there's underwear on the clothesline in the first pic!! ;D :D

Hope y'all enjoy the pics,and I hope I didn't get too carried away with the descriptions.

Re: Pics of my Dad's '67 Chevelle SS and '73 Nova SS when new!

Very cool. Thanks for scanning and posting.

Comment

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them.

Comment

Great pictures!

Comment

Pics are the mouths long lost friend,when words are missing.If you have more,please share ;)

Comment

Thanks y'all! My Dad looks at this website from time to time,and maybe I can get him signed up for the forum and tell stories about the cars. He sure hates to this day losing the Chevelle that way.

Just for fun, Here's a pic of the '72 Pinto he bought new. This is the only Ford we've ever owned. This is in front of my Mom's parent's house. Dig the Carroll Shelby slot mags!

Comment

brand new musclecars were priceless , nice photos , I would post my dad's car , but it was a rambler

Comment

One more thing I forgot! My dad still has the factory 8 track player from the Chevelle. This thing is huge!

My parents have tons of old drag racing pictures! Maybe this winter when there's nothing to do I can go down to their house and scan some of them.

Comment

An old neighbor had a Chevelle with those same hub caps. I think I have seen a post saying those are worth a lot of cash these days.
                  Great photos!!

Comment

Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
                    An old neighbor had a Chevelle with those same hub caps. I think I have seen a post saying those are worth a lot of cash these days.
                    Great photos!!
                    Even though he couldn't care less about them now, the hubcaps belong to my dad's bro-in-law. My dad swapped with my uncle to get the chrome wheels,and the hubcaps wound up in my grandparent's barn. They probably haven't moved in close to 40 years. I could go get them and nobody would ever know,but I couldn't do that. Thanks for the compliment on the pics.

I have a perfect set of doors for my wrecked Chevy II stored in the barn also along with a trunk and a fender. I hope the old barn doesn't fall in and ruin them! I really need to get around to moving those parts somewhere else.

Comment

These old pics are priceless! It's amazing that back then, and even now history will show I'm sure, the stock wheels and tires (or hubcaps) being replaced by "el cheapo" chromed reverse wheels (or today bling rolling stock made in China) turned out to be much more valuable. Part of the reason is because they were tossed in large numbers and now are rare.

It's like when you're at a car show and everyone points and says "I used to have one of those" or "my neighbor had two of those" but that's not the point, it's about where they are today. I would like a set of Motor Wheel Flys however.

Comment

Originally posted by MOPARS RULE
                        These old pics are priceless! It's amazing that back then, and even now history will show I'm sure, the stock wheels and tires (or hubcaps) being replaced by "el cheapo" chromed reverse wheels (or today bling rolling stock made in China) turned out to be much more valuable. Part of the reason is because they were tossed in large numbers and now are rare.

It's like when you're at a car show and everyone points and says "I used to have one of those" or "my neighbor had two of those" but that's not the point, it's about where they are today. I would like a set of Motor Wheel Flys however.

Agreed....

Chris 8)

Comment

Ever looked into a good set of pipes for a Kawasaki Z1 or KZ900 go for. Everyone tossed them for aftermarket and now collectors want the originals.

Comment

Cool old pic's, always like that kind of stuff.

Comment

Thanks! I was down at my parent's place,but I didn't have time to look at or scan any pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X