lift for your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift for your garage

this is an inteesting option for a lift.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: lift for your garage

Looks like a not so interesting way to die aswell... :-[
    Just a few bolts per post only a couple of inches apart from each other... Hardly stable and safe if you ask me.
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
      Looks like a not so interesting way to die aswell... :-[
      Just a few bolts per post only a couple of inches apart from each other... Hardly stable and safe if you ask me.
      Agreed.

Comment

All it needs is some outriggers that would fold down and have tubular braces to lock them in place, and it would probably be just fine.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Probably yes, but I'll rather stick with my 4-post lifts when I'm putting 4500+ lbs of steel about 6ft up in the air ;)
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Looks pretty handy for wheel/tire/brake work. A little low for most hoist work.
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I'm seeing backache for any "heavy" work - trans removal, etc. I'll stick with my 2 post.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                Probably yes, but I'll rather stick with my 4-post lifts when I'm putting 4500+ lbs of steel about 6ft up in the air ;)
                Yeah, I'd probably keep the weight down around 3,000lbs. I wouldn't put my Centurion or T-bird on it, that's for sure.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Kinda like cheap tools.... just not worth the money 9 times out of 10.

Comment

I love it, it is solid and having set the anchors in the concrete myself and knowing how hard they are set in there (and of course understanding force vectors) I have no qualms working under my Delorean. It is a rugged piece of hardware, they really ought to get them into stores for people to touch them and not just see pictures of them. The thing weighed in at nearly 1000 lbs when shipped.

Comment

my Whip lift out of Texas is a 10k two post, non symetrical arms.

The collumn bases are over 2ft long and probably 18in wide.

The two collumns were bolted together for shipping.... when we tried lifting them up with my friends front end loader attachment on his tractor - it lifted the back wheels off the ground.... we had to pick them up one at a time.

I've lifted an ambulance, and a F350 crew cab long box 4x4 dually.... so far so good.

I could never go back to working on the ground.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Do a search over on Garage journal - lots of customers with Max Jax. People seem to like them a lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X