Pictures from tonight's trip to NYC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from tonight's trip to NYC.

We went into the city tonight to see the tree at Rockefeller center. Also included are St Patrick's Cathedral, Columbus Center at Central Park, Time's Square and the subway station at Columbus Center and my family, My son, Mike, my daughter Lia, Bonnie and my self.

While I can go into the city anytime I want and for those of you who can't, I thought you'd enjoy seeing a different part of the county. I hope you'll enjoy them. I thought it would be easier to post a link rather then upload all the photos. Sorry for ome blurred shots, I really need to upgrade to a better digital camera

Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Pictures from tonight's trip to NYC.

Cool, thanks.
    My wife and a bunch of the women from her family went last year to New York, right around Thanksgiving...being a guy from the heartland, never been to NY, neat seeing stuff like that...been to Chicago a few times, KC, etc, but never gotten out east except for a banzai run for a pair of NOS torino fenders in Niagara falls canada in the dead of winter.

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

NYC is cool at Christmas. I haven't been there in a long time. Saw Bobby Short at the Carlyle. Sat right next to the stage and talked to the bass player all night. It's a great city to be a tourist.
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I love the store displays at xmas in NY... just blows me away... and that dang toy store... ( Toysrus )

Comment

I dig on the radio city shot blury and all.

nice picks thanks

steve
          Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

best times in NYC is cruising through manhattan in a convertible
            the first time we did that was in my buddy's 1970 barracuda convertible . just driving around , enjoying the sights [and women]
            later - the 1950 mercury convertible
            fun times

Comment

Ahhh, NYC. The ole stompin' grounds.

Went to school down there... the fuzzy years.

East side bars, downtown bars, bars up in the boogie-down-Bronx!

My two favs?

McSorley's down near Alphabet city (kinda lower east side)-- the oldest bar in NYC, possibly the country. It was a men's club until the 60's or 70's; they've got pics of tons of famous folks that drank there. Like Abe Lincoln, BOTH Roosevelts, practically all the Kennedys, lotsa others.. don't even serve hard liquour, just McSorley's Dark or McSorley's light.

Hogs 'n' Hefers: the original one in the lower west side meat packing district. Hot chick bartenders in pigtails, black cowboy hats, leather halter tops and leather mini skirts, YES, CLOG DANCING ON TOP OF THE BAR. There's a beam hanging over the bar where local girls will sometimes deposit their bras. It must have 500-1000 hanging on it. It's the place that spawned the lame-o movie 'Coyote Ugly'. The real thing is waaaaay better.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I love New York too. Get up there a couple of times a year. McSorley's is the best....and they serve 2 at a time. Lets you know it's time to order another round when the first one's gone.. ;D
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I Love going there when I can.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I don't care for big cities myself, maybe because I drive a semi in Chicago all day.
                      On the camera front, may I suggest a Nikon D40 kit? They are about giving them away now, I've seen them for $450 with an 18-55 lens. Don't get in the trap of megapixels, the human eye and most photo equipment cannot tell more than 6 megapixles anyway. I've blow up pics to 8x10 and larger from my D40 and they are sharp as a tack. If you're near NYC try B&W or one of the other big camera stores there.
                      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
                        Thanks for the pics. I don't care for big cities myself, maybe because I drive a semi in Chicago all day.

Been there, done that...just no fun at all. I've found Boston FAR more manageable than the Windy City....LOL

Huskinhano, those ARE some cool pics.....I'm sure I'd enjoy the sights far more in a non-18-wheeled environment.

Radio City looks cool!

Comment

thanks for sharing..great pics.

al
                          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
                            On the camera front, may I suggest a Nikon D40 kit? They are about giving them away now, I've seen them for $450 with an 18-55 lens. Don't get in the trap of megapixels, the human eye and most photo equipment cannot tell more than 6 megapixles anyway. I've blow up pics to 8x10 and larger from my D40 and they are sharp as a tack. If you're near NYC try B&W or one of the other big camera stores there.
                            Greg
                            Yeah, I was looking at that one or the D60.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Id love to visit NYC sometime before I die. All my friends out here on the west coast say Im nuts... (Oh wait, I am...) :

Chris 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X