Burnout, Championship Drag Racing game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnout, Championship Drag Racing game

Anyone remember that game? Was for a PC, and was way cool. It had a yellow Nova, wheels up on the box. Came out around 1998, and in 2001 when we got a new computer it was too advanced to play it. You had a bunch of dragstrips to race on, a bunch of cars to build. I felt they responded like a real car would. Put in a big cam, it gave you a nice bumpy idle. Too big of a carb, you'd get a bad bog and black smoke. Too much rear wing would get you upside down in the lights. You could build a 2300cc Pinto powered dragster if you wanted, and run 14's.
    I just found a new one on eBay, and my techie sons are going to build me an old computer to play it on. Also a steering wheel, shifter and pedals. I hate pressing F to shift up, and W to shift down. I'll let you know how it works out. Its easily the most fun drag racing game I've ever played.

Re: Burnout, Championship Drag Racing game

Yeah I had it to. It would not work on my new computer either. I think I threw the disk out.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Re: Burnout, Championship Drag Racing game

I remember that game too! My boys have the Need For Speed Underground and Gran Turismo for the PS2 and I think I play them more than they do. They hate it when their dad beats em!

Comment

Working...
      X